New daily box for some Boston G5's

Well I had to work till 5am last night so I didn't feel like driving 2 1/2hrs on a couple hours of sleep to meca so I slept in.

I did some metering with my spl lab

at the headrest 140.8 @49hz

sealed on the dash 142.4 @50-51hz

Box is 4 cu/ft tuned to 31.75hz

The car seems to have 2 peaks, ~37hz and ~50hz, the higher one yields a slightly higher score

25270874073_large.jpg

fwiw the electrical system is 100% stock and the car has maybe 10sq/ft of deadening between all 4 doors, some may chastise for this but I don't plan on having the car much longer so I don't really see any further upgrades.

I'll take some vids tomorrow

vid of 142.57 @49hz sealed on the dash:

Its not getting as low as I was hoping with the low tune, so I think in the next few days I will throw together some more port tunes and see if I can bump the scores up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made another video, I slowed down white girl to 26hz and 43hz. Not too bad for some 6yr old sq subs if you ask me. The trunk flexes so much more in person, I'm going to sit on the lid and play around with the meter and see what happens.

**** thats flexing like crazy. You might see me at meca, might... im getting 2 sa-12s in on my 1500 gotta play around with the fusing to get me into a class I wont be absolutely destroyed in.

There are no places in toledo that sell 30a fuses, so if you are trying to get into as1 or s1 you will have to buy them online if you want to use them. No one has broke a 140 in as1 in oh this year, closest is a 38.6. I have a solid 40 closer to a 41 on music, it will prob get higher when I make some higher tuned ports.

There are no places in toledo that sell 30a fuses, so if you are trying to get into as1 or s1 you will have to buy them online if you want to use them. No one has broke a 140 in as1 in oh this year, closest is a 38.6. I have a solid 40 closer to a 41 on music, it will prob get higher when I make some higher tuned ports.
hmm going to have to do some testing with how long they will last before popping. Is there a difference between mini anl and anl when it comes to how long they will last before blowing

i have never really messed with anl's because they are hard to find in sizes under 100a. i just use agu's.
I see I just bought a knu konceptz mini anl fuse holder ughh still thinking over the sub choice though lol.

I see I just bought a knu konceptz mini anl fuse holder ughh still thinking over the sub choice though lol.
To me it seemed that mini anl's are kinda pricey in the long run, they are about $1 each, I found agu's for .50ea. I just got a cheap AP fuse holder from the Andersons for like $5

I got some more time to play around with the meter. I did 141.18db in the video. I found if I que the song to the 43hz bass line and don't play from the beginning, I was getting 141.4-141.5. Its the same song from the vid above, White Girl remix slowed to 26/43hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.