New Car Audio Company

Hey guys my name is Rich, owner of torrent audio. First of all I would like to say thanks for the feedback from all of you, whether it be good or bad. Second I would like to address some of your questions/thoughts you had.

This is not a new business model, as i'm sure you all know. It's exactly how many big companies got they're start (JL, Kicker, Eclipse...).

In the end some continue doing business with great US companies like TC, some go over seas for their manufacturing and of course some go in-house.

I would not have re-branded the DB-500 for my company if it was not a totally competent piece. I may have to sell at higher prices than Thilo could but that is just the nature of the beast. And that is why I will be offering many discounts on my site and here on the forums. (Absolutely not because it isn't worth $180+)

The DB was a great seller for TC because there was just no better sub at his price. While testing this driver I had about 1000w of clean A/B power on it and it took just about everything I threw at it. It may be an "entry level" sub and not for everyone but it can hold its own.

TC will be building our next driver as well. Around 1000 watts continuous, its aim will be SQ+ with a modest 30mm linear XMAX(1-way obviously). I will be posting updates on our forum in the coming weeks.

As for the boxes I have on the site; I know the enthusiasts frown upon "prefabs." For the record, they were not intended for them. They are intended for the customer that may not have the means or know how to hand build the optimal enclosure, and they work very well with the mistral actually.

We added some Tsunami products to the site today. And I know it may be all the same mainstream stuff seen elsewhere, but it’s a start, and we will be competitive with the prices. If you find something cheaper or looking for something from tsunami not listed on our site, just shoot us an email and we will do our best to accommodate.

Again the feedback is greatly appreciated!

I have a db-500 and it is an excellent sub for the price I paid, but at $180 or even $150 it is too much.

I think TC was selling them in the low $100's including shipping before they sold out and that made it a "bang for your buck" product.

Good luck, but I think it will be hard to sell subs if TC is offering basically the same thing for less money.

I have a db-500 and it is an excellent sub for the price I paid, but at $180 or even $150 it is too much.
I think TC was selling them in the low $100's including shipping before they sold out and that made it a "bang for your buck" product.

Good luck, but I think it will be hard to sell subs if TC is offering basically the same thing for less money.
Yes, but tc does not still offer the db500 (to the best of my knowledge). Im curious as to the upcoming speaker (basically which motor it will be based upon...)

Yes it was, but my response was in no way negative. I find it difficult to slur my words through a keyboard... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Yes it was, but my response was in no way negative. I find it difficult to slur my words through a keyboard... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
No issue. I love when my "book learning" comes head on with people actually in business. Unlike the "theory vs. testing" SQ people, I tend to modify the theory to meet reality.

If you ever have the time, I am curious of your response.

I hope you have better luck with TC than Soundsplinter has. TC was nice enough to sell similar drivers for less and undercut their sales.

I only hope you know what you're getting into with Thilo and Kyle. sadly most of the senior members of this forum know more about their dealings.

I hope you have better luck with TC than Soundsplinter has. TC was nice enough to sell similar drivers for less and undercut their sales.
I only hope you know what you're getting into with Thilo and Kyle. sadly most of the senior members of this forum know more about their dealings.
yes,

its sort of a conflict of interest, but at least i know he will not compete with the mistral, the whole reason he was willing to stop selling them to the public was bacause he wanted they're entire line to be cast...

Hypothetically (lol)...say i was thinking of using someone other than TC to build my entry level 10" driver, how do you guys feel about SJA?
Hmm..

I guess you could take a TC unit to some buildhouse and get them to duplicate it for you if that's what you are asking. Of course, doing that wouldn't make it your design in the first place since you're ripping it from someone else anyway..

HOWEVER... if you had something down on paper (scratch eD) that you built up through some testing, and found the result to be efficient enough to move to production, then I'm sure there would be a number of companies who would be more than welcome to make your work a reality.

Hmm..
I guess you could take a TC unit to some buildhouse and get them to duplicate it for you if that's what you are asking. Of course, doing that wouldn't make it your design in the first place since you're ripping it from someone else anyway..

HOWEVER... if you had something down on paper (scratch eD) that you built up through some testing, and found the result to be efficient enough to move to production, then I'm sure there would be a number of companies who would be more than welcome to make your work a reality.

HAHA sorry I need to elaborate. What i meant is that I'm exploring the possibility of having Atomic build my 10 to my specs, NOT having them replicate TC's design. It would be a completely different product.

So what I was asking is how does SJA stack up? Do they have as good of a rep online as they do off line? sorry its getting late....lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.