New Car Audio Company

I don't see their competitive advantage so whatever.
To be honest right now I don't but the man purpose for writing this thread was for those looking for the db500 on the tc sounds website and noticed that they're all gone. From speaking with the owner, he's been in the business for many years but not online, and as he has noticed its a whole different beast so to speak. I did tell him that its harder to sell someone online b/c of the vast amount of resources info out there on the web that consumers online are alot more knowledgable and also harder to please b/c of the variety of companies and products out there beyond main stream. I'm just trying to help him out by posting b/c he seems to be a good guy looking to get the company name out there. From the looks of the flagship woofer series that they're gonna add looks pretty darn good though, gonna be made by tc sounds around 30mm xmax and handling 1000+ watts continuous.

270 for a nominal 400 watts? gay.
actually its $180, they just used the $270 as msrp, actually its more like $144 with the 20% off discount + shipping But these woofers can handle more like 600-700, they're very underated. Similar to the tc2+ woofers tc made a couple years back

That's a lot of money for an entry level sub. And you said they are what the db-500s were? Hell, currently the tc1000 is cheaper

That's a lot of money for an entry level sub. And you said they are what the db-500s were? Hell, currently the tc1000 is cheaper
yeah you do have a point, i'll pass the feedback to them since im sort of a liason for them since they're just starting. So with that said what do you think would be a good price for that woofer?

I find it humourous that companies have to post MSRP on websites when they know darn well they aren't going to be selling it for that anyway. The MSRP is old marketing that died in the 90's. Not only does the high price tag scare folks away from inquiring, but it makes others wonder just what kind of product they are purchasing when the sales person drops the price like a bad habit upon first contact.

Go figure...

I find it humourous that companies have to post MSRP on websites when they know darn well they aren't going to be selling it for that anyway. The MSRP is old marketing that died in the 90's. Not only does the high price tag scare folks away from inquiring, but it makes others wonder just what kind of product they are purchasing when the sales person drops the price like a bad habit upon first contact.
Go figure...
Not all companies have your genius.

but even eD has an 8"

prod, prod

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif You made me laugh out loud at that one Flip...

Yeah, I'd better get of my rear and do something. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif You made me laugh out loud at that one Flip...
Yeah, I'd better get of my rear and do something. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
I haven't even had a CD player since August....

You ain't telling me nothing about procrastinating.

What I can't figure out is if the db500 is such a great unit, why does TC have to unload to another reseller who adds yet another level of margins to the final price? If its a good entry level driver that can/has been proven to work, why dump it in favour of the wholesaler/dealer model?

What I can't figure out is if the db500 is such a great unit, why does TC have to unload to another reseller who adds yet another level of margins to the final price? If its a good entry level driver that can/has been proven to work, why dump it in favour of the wholesaler/dealer model?
Maybe there other products are better? (I have never used a TC products.)

If the reseller promises great volume, they could use those funds to recapitalize other projects which are lagging. Kind of the same reason why businesses selloff profitable lines.

When proctor and gamble sold off much of their consumer healthcare line to johnson and johnson, it wasn't because it wasn't profitable, it was so they could refocus on other projects, such as stents which are many times more profitable.

It's possible...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.