New Build... Need help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

kcwats97

ohio
Ok, heres the deal. I have two Planet Audio AC15D 15's. They're 2100w and 1050 RMS. I also have two Pioneer 12's 1400 W Champion Series. I was previously running just the two 12's in my car with a planet audio 2600w amp. I have a 2006 Chrysler 300. The battery is already huge and underneath the hood is huge.

The big question here... Right now I'm building my own custom box to fit all 4 (pictured below)

srY3oot.png

dCudXI5.png

My question is do I seriously need to get a new alternator to power the 15's with the 2600w and the 12's with another amp? My plan is to run the 12's on something seperate and smaller, something 800-1000w so I can get full effect from the 15's. What are your inputs. Can I bridge both subs together on the one 2600w? I'd really like to get seperate amps but I wanted to know what everyones input is. I really don't have the extra money to just throw at a brand new alternator so I really wanted that at my last resort. I've had these subs laying around and thought I'd do something with them. What's the best thing you think I should do?

I never said the amp was 2600 RMS. The amp is 1300 RMS
i bet it's more like 850rms, what fuses does it have on it?.. either way i wouldn't try to power 4 subs with it as others have said.. if the 15's aren't old or beat up use those until u can upgrade subs, then upgrade amp.. the pioneers are probably better but those don't have that much excursion and at least the 15 have cone area on their side, and if u do box ok, later u can get 2 sundown E bstocks for $259 and upgrade amp.. show us box when done..

i bet it's more like 850rms, what fuses does it have on it?.. either way i wouldn't try to power 4 subs with it as others have said.. if the 15's aren't old or beat up use those until u can upgrade subs, then upgrade amp.. the pioneers are probably better but those don't have that much excursion and at least the 15 have cone area on their side, and if u do box ok, later u can get 2 sundown E bstocks for $259 and upgrade amp.. show us box when done..
I'll just put the two 15's in for now. Do you think in the future I could put 2 more sundowns in it and still run all 4 15's? Do you think it would still sound alright?

I'll just put the two 15's in for now. Do you think in the future I could put 2 more sundowns in it and still run all 4 15's? Do you think it would still sound alright?
i assume u asking cause u have suv.. man if u make ported box for those 2 15's it'll blow your mind and make box that'll work for sundown subs (or something nice that peeps here recomend) tuned at 36hz (most here tune to 32-35hz but 36-40 is louder just doesn't sound as good) 36 will be loud and maybe deeper than u have heard unless u now peeps that hve system done well.. ported box is just a tad more work and we will have to tell u how to do the port.. as example i have 1 12 ported with 900rms and it maybe as loud as alot of peeps that have 2 sealed 15's (1 for sure) so port 2 15's properly with better amp it'll sound like 4 15's sealed..

i assume u asking cause u have suv.. man if u make ported box for those 2 15's it'll blow your mind and make box that'll work for sundown subs (or something nice that peeps here recomend) tuned at 36hz (most here tune to 32-35hz but 36-40 is louder just doesn't sound as good) 36 will be loud and maybe deeper than u have heard unless u now peeps that hve system done well.. ported box is just a tad more work and we will have to tell u how to do the port.. as example i have 1 12 ported with 900rms and it maybe as loud as alot of peeps that have 2 sealed 15's (1 for sure) so port 2 15's properly with better amp it'll sound like 4 15's sealed..
I'm gonna do the build this weekend. I'll PM you the measurements of the box once I re measure this and I'll PM you

I'm gonna do the build this weekend. I'll PM you the measurements of the box once I re measure this and I'll PM you
ok but to be honest u can do box for 1 15 like 3.5 cf and later get sundown sa run 1500 to it it be loud

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.