New build help, Banging on somewhat of a budget

Deon1818

MN
Now I'm sure some comparisons are already on here, and I have searched around already I am building a altogether new system in my firebird I just got. Decided to go with a single 12. Will build a custom box tuned for daily, I can use most o the back hatch for it. listen to rap rock, whatever, long low thunder mostly. Subs I have considered in my price range are

DC Level 4 $365 1400 watts

Soundqubed HDC3 $280 1500 watts- cheapest

XCON SSA $360 1750 watts

American Bass HD -$300 1500 watts -Similar to SQ I know, but lower Fs

MTX 7512-22 -$400 750 watts

Now the MTX might not fit in. But It would be a lot easier on my electrical. Am i going to need to drop $300+ on a HO alt or can I just get an AGM. BONUS QUESTION, which amp should I buy to power one of these. Again if I went MTX, lot cheaper amp. Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply, never seen an xcon in person, just heard about them on here. so what's a good amp for the money, I could strap two audiopipe apmi 2000's ($170 a piece) or get another hifonics 2400,(only $250) or should I really shoot up to like a $500 amp, like a soundqubed 2200 or sundown or something. I heard hifonics and Soundqubed guts are similar. And for 2000 watts I'd need about 150 Amps. . so can I get away with a 100 something Alt and an AGM battery? Thanks a lot. Nobody I know knows anything about car audio so it's frusturating

you can get a cab 1600.1, or even two of them. if your budget is $500 use the remaining money on a good battery or alternator plus wiring

Thanks for the quick reply, never seen an xcon in person, just heard about them on here. so what's a good amp for the money, I could strap two audiopipe apmi 2000's ($170 a piece) or get another hifonics 2400,(only $250) or should I really shoot up to like a $500 amp, like a soundqubed 2200 or sundown or something. I heard hifonics and Soundqubed guts are similar. And for 2000 watts I'd need about 150 Amps. . so can I get away with a 100 something Alt and an AGM battery? Thanks a lot. Nobody I know knows anything about car audio so it's frusturating
Whatever amp you go with you should get a HO alt and a agm battery up front... Alts hold there value better then batteries because alts can last forever and batteries only last like 5-7years and take a crap.

Whatever amp you go with you should get a HO alt and a agm battery up front... Alts hold there value better then batteries because alts can last forever and batteries only last like 5-7years and take a crap.
As it goes for HOs, does anybody make them for a decent price. I've heard singer is better than mechman but both are $300-400+. Guess I'll start saving money. I know someone who has a powermax, but idk if they're any good

And for 2000 watts I'd need about 150 Amps. . so can I get away with a 100 something Alt and an AGM battery?
No you can't. Stock alternators barely charge at idle and a fraction of the amperage is used to run the car (if it takes 40 amps to run you car your left with 60 amps to power your front speakers and the subs). You then have to factor in the efficiency rating of both the amplifier and the stock alternator (which will lower the amperage even more).
A good battery is nice but from my understanding it won't technically create more power (it can help stabilize the voltage during extreme bass notes but the moment you start pulling significantly more current then what your alternator can give, your electrical voltage will drop rapidly).

Electrical is a pain in the *** money wise but if you want to get loud you have to pay for it (my setup last year was 1700RMS on the substage and I was running stock alt with a $300 battery under the hood; the moment I upgraded to a Singer alternator my output doubled). That gives you an idea of how important it is

Thank you all for your input. I mean I could buy used but I do like new things. And those amp numbers look insane on that CAB, anyone know where you can buy them now? Looks like the website won't be selling for a couple months. My only concern is would that amp sound muddy, don't want to buy a nice SSA xcon just to have it sound dirty because a cheap amp. And makes sense about the alternator, I suppose I'll **** it up and buy a big boy, gotta start working more and sell some old subs for moneys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.