1 xfl 15 vs 2 type r 10s

xfl 15 should pull ahead a db or two imo. Can definitely handle way more power than those two type Rs put together. If you feed it properly with 1500-2000 rms(before rise), it should be way louder than the type Rs.

Ok what will sound better? Im not looking to break any records just want to sound good and get loud doing it. So far my loudest setup to compare to was a kicker l7 15" on 1500rms in a ported box tuned to 32hz and that was plenty loud just sounded ****** imo.

Sq wise I've always heard a one sub setup is the best way to go. I vote for the xfl mainly because you've had that kicker so your probably use to certain output with the xfl you'll be on that same level of output but with better sq I think, but that's just my opinion.

Barely more cone area... Both set ups should be roughy the same output of built correctly
19sq is more than barely. That is noticeable

If we assumed both had perfect installs and power the 15 would be louder

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.