New Box

What the red measurments are showing are port length. From the opening to the middle of the bend and from the middle of the bend to the end of the port. 1 Question I DO have is does your port wall 18.5" long of 19.25" long? If its 19.25", does it start from the front and go back or does it start from the inside of the front and extend back?

starts from the front of the box then goes back, well its not right in front it is offest 3/4 cuz is is right behind the speaker piece of wood

I dont quite follow what you meant in your reply but I'm thinking maybe your port length is off... Its starts from the front and goes back 19.25" but what do you mean by its offset 3/4"? You should have used the corner braces in each corner. Thats pretty big to have nothing but the port wall as a brace.

lets just say its like moe lesters plan i just got dont measuring it all and its all right according to moes plan

Looks good, especially for a first box, nice work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

As far as the port goes, just paint it black if you want it to look better....I don't tend to think it's a huge deal, but a can of spray paint and a few minutes you'll be all set.

Also, I'd trust Moe's plans with complete faith, so no worries - if you followed those, you've got what was advertised. Hope your drivers sound good in there

no i dont care what it meters but will it do anything to the box like in the long run if i dont brace it ?

you really don't want any flexing, it will change the way the sub sounds in the enclosure,. but once you get the sub in the enclsoure, tell us how you like it. nice build by the way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.