New amp, subs barely move

Playing with my HU settings helped make it a bit louder but its not a fix. My old amp was putting 250RMS to each sub @ 4ohm load and was a thousand times louder. Now the bass from the subs is almost nonexistant.

That's cool, I lookIed up the speaker on Sonicelectronics and it said single 4 ohm. I wished I could have helped you better. I hope you find your problem soon man.
Yeah they make a 2 and 4 ohm version. Thanks though, appreciate any and all input guys

The other amp was a Cadence ZRS 7000D. The new amp is a Cadence TXA 1000D (new conditon). I've tried using it both with and without the bass knob, no difference. Everything worked fine with the old amp minutes before putting the new one in. At this point I'm le to believe it's a bum amp. The wiring can't be the issue because I've tried hooking them up in various ways, even individually and the result is always subs that barely move.

The other amp was a Cadence ZRS 7000D. The new amp is a Cadence TXA 1000D (new conditon). I've tried using it both with and without the bass knob, no difference. Everything worked fine with the old amp minutes before putting the new one in. At this point I'm le to believe it's a bum amp. The wiring can't be the issue because I've tried hooking them up in various ways, even individually and the result is always subs that barely move.
I think the ZRS is a better amp. the TXA might be overated

are there two subwoofer systems on the hu ? my alpine 9887 has two different systems to choose from.1 of them is when it only gets loud when your turn the hu up to full tilt,the other one is the one i use in conjunction with my bass knob so i can have bass at way lower level.if that isnt it,then maybe it is the amp.have you tried adjusting the frequency on the amp ?

I think the ZRS is a better amp. the TXA might be overated

I think the ZRS is without a doubt a better amp but with my ipedance my subs only get 250 rms each (theoretically). If I wre to wire the ZRS down to 1ohm then I would be putting too much power to the subs. The TXA allows me to wire down to 1 ohm and put 500 rms to each (theoretically). I could understand the quality of the amps to be the reason if I didn't see a major change in sound going from one another but the fact is I went from a lot of sound at 250 rms to amost no sound at 500 rms...It just doesn't seem right...

are there two subwoofer systems on the hu ? my alpine 9887 has two different systems to choose from.1 of them is when it only gets loud when your turn the hu up to full tilt,the other one is the one i use in conjunction with my bass knob so i can have bass at way lower level.if that isnt it,then maybe it is the amp.have you tried adjusting the frequency on the amp ?
My HU is a Kewood Excelon KDC-X494, and it's only got one setting as far as that goes. I've tries adjusting all of the settings on the amp, gain, filters etc.. and while this made a slight difference, it was still nothing like it should be.

Use a DMM to set the gain on the ZRS, set it for 1000 watts
Assuming you're saying wire the ZRS down to 1 ohm? My only question with that is how, even though it's a monoblock, there's two pos and neg posts. I understand that I go from LSub+ to RSub+ to Amp+ and LSub- to RSub- to Amp- but do I put them to the same side terminals or from the left side - and right side + etc... If that makes any sense haha sorry

two sub inputs is for ease of connection.hook the subs up to the amp like its a A&B AMP.plus and negative one side for one sub and the other side the same way from the other sub.

That was how I had it wired in the first place, Left sub terminals matching to left amp terminals and same for the right. Isn't that wiring them to a 4 ohm load though? I'm looking for 1 ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.