New amp setup powered but not working...

Pohnjarker

CarAudio.com Newbie
I hooked up a new Sony DSX B700 in my new 2011 Civic. It works great.

I hooked up the amp correctly but no output.

Power from battery, ground to back panel, remote wire from blue/white wire on radio, and RVCs from radio.

I have a remote bass knob that is not hooked up because the old cable is in the car I sold and its thinner than a regular phone cable so I'm working on that.

Could that be why I'm getting no sub sound? The amp is getting power as the light is on but no sub...

Any ideas?

Not familiar with that head unit but does it have a "subwoofer on" setting?

You can use a 3.5mm Aux to RCA cable and connect your phone to the amps RCA inputs to see if its a headunit or amp issue.

I hooked up a new Sony DSX B700 in my new 2011 Civic. It works great.

I hooked up the amp correctly but no output.

Power from battery, ground to back panel, remote wire from blue/white wire on radio, and RVCs from radio.

I have a remote bass knob that is not hooked up because the old cable is in the car I sold and its thinner than a regular phone cable so I'm working on that.

Could that be why I'm getting no sub sound? The amp is getting power as the light is on but no sub...

Any ideas?

This happened to me before...I would look at the headunit and see if the sub setting is turned off. Not sure about Sony but on a pioneer I had to go into the head unit and turn on the sub output. In the audio settings locate anything that's related to the sub woofer and you find it where you can set the phase as off, normal, reverse. Something like that. Thats my 2 cents. I'm no pro but this happened to me and to a friend of mine as well.

So I've checked every sub setting in the deck and nothing changed.

I picked up the 3.5 to rca cable and used my phone and I'm getting a little bit more sub than with my deck.

Its like there's bass but it's turned down...

I ordered a new bass knob that came with the amp since my amp requires a smaller jack than an rj11...so we'll see.

Thanks for all the ideas!

So I've checked every sub setting in the deck and nothing changed.

I picked up the 3.5 to rca cable and used my phone and I'm getting a little bit more sub than with my deck.

Its like there's bass but it's turned down...

I ordered a new bass knob that came with the amp since my amp requires a smaller jack than an rj11...so we'll see.

Thanks for all the ideas!

If it's like any other amp with a bass knob...that knob should be optional. What amp are you running now? Did you have an amp powering a sub before you put the new HU in and hooked up this new amp. You said the amp turns on and with the 3.5mm to rca you get slightly more output? Looks like some type of signal problem coming. And you checked the head unit settings. I've never had a bad RCA but maybe you could have a bad one. Can you check the voltage coming off the RCA from your HU?

The gains were set up when I installed the sub in my old car. All I did was take it out of that car and put it in the new one.

Do I need to set the gains again?

If it's like any other amp with a bass knob...that knob should be optional. What amp are you running now? Did you have an amp powering a sub before you put the new HU in and hooked up this new amp. You said the amp turns on and with the 3.5mm to rca you get slightly more output? Looks like some type of signal problem coming. And you checked the head unit settings. I've never had a bad RCA but maybe you could have a bad one. Can you check the voltage coming off the RCA from your HU?

If the bass knob doesn't fix it, ill check the RCAs next.

The sub is on with the radio and to me, it sounds like it did when it was turned down by the bass knob. Its the same when hooked my phone up via 3.5 to rca but only slightly more so I'm wondering if the slight difference is because I had my phone volume turned up....****, I dont know.

The car was stock before I upgraded the radio and sub all at once.

If the bass knob doesn't fix it, ill check the RCAs next.

The sub is on with the radio and to me, it sounds like it did when it was turned down by the bass knob. Its the same when hooked my phone up via 3.5 to rca but only slightly more so I'm wondering if the slight difference is because I had my phone volume turned up....****, I dont know.

The car was stock before I upgraded the radio and sub all at once.
I've never heard of an amp where the lack of a bass knob limited maximum volume. Just go outside and turn the gain up a little, see if that helps. If so, learn how to set it and the set it properly. If not, report back here.

The gains were set up when I installed the sub in my old car. All I did was take it out of that car and put it in the new one.

Do I need to set the gains again?

Yes indeed set your gain again. Definitely look up how to do that like you said you would. Or like another suggested go outside turn on some music and turn up gain slightly. See if that helps. If so, cool adjust them properly after that. Your gain will need to be set higher or lower depending on which HU you are using and how the amp sees the signal. You could have had a HU with a higher voltage on the output. Hope you figure this out. Music is better when your **** is hooked up right and you have some bass 🤘🤙🤙

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.