New Amp Install

Participant count
  • Participant list

MPNX2

CA
Ok guys I have a quick question. I have just installed a second amp in my car to run a set of components. I have a 30 Amp fuse at the battery and then a distrobution box with two 60 Amp fuses supplying each amp. The problem is when I turned it all on everyting worked until I turned up the volume and then the fuse at the battery blew. Now my amp insatll instructions say that both amps require a 60 Amp fuse. A friend tells me to check my wiring because the fuse should not have blown. But I think it just blew because that amps can draw as much as 60 Amps. So if I replace the fuse with a 60 Amp will it be ok???

Oh by the way I have 4ga from the battery to the distro block and then 8ga to the amps.

One amp is a 750 watt 4 chan and the other is an 800 watt 2 chan. Thanks all.

ok...lets see...this is what you do....you have to add up all the fuses after the distro block. you said you have two 60 amp fuses. that would be 120 amps. think about it. you cant get 120 amps through a 30 amp fuse. therefor you need a 120 amp fuse at the battery

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.