New amp gets super HOTT

Also you amp gain is from 5v to .25 so if you have 4v preouts on your hu then it shouldn't turned more the 1/4 of the way up. I always play a test tone at max volume on the radio and back off bass boost, loud and any other bs option on head unit. I put the sub level at 0 then I watch and hear the sub while adjusting the gain till I can see the shift when the sub is clipping.

Note that's not the best way but it get me a lot closer then just turning the gain half way or whatever people do. I have a clip indicator on the amp and remote aswell so that how I do it now. But also I keep those hu setting the same afterward only from song to song I may adjust the sub level on the head unit

it's not a 2 ohm sub it dual 2 ohm.. also with your hu gain should probably be 25% not 1/2., also make sure u have no bass boost on no preset eq on hu bass on hu at 0

Grounds to battery are 1/0 welding wire.... 2 batteries.. power wire from batteries to distribution block 0 gauge. 4 guage front distribution block to amps. Amps with 4 gauge grounded directly to the battery with 4 gauge.. distribution block has a voltmeter. It reads around 12 .1 to 12.3 at idle and 13.5 at 2000 RPM's. I only have a 95 amp alternator but I don't seem to be getting any voltage drops below 12 even when I'm running it hard. No dimming headlights.
woah woah what? you should be at 14v +

unless you're talking loaded down? if so 12v is fine

please be more clear, 1/0 to your sub amp? 4 to your mids? or only 1/0 to your batteries? might be worth it to run 1/0 to the amp..?

wow, does the wire weigh as much as the car itself?
you wouldnt want to see how much wiring i have in my truck for the amount of draw i have, but thats one of the reasons im so loud

250a is in fact pushing it for 1/0 welding wire when you consider a full 20 ft run to the front and back = 40ft

woah woah what? you should be at 14v +
unless you're talking loaded down? if so 12v is fine

please be more clear, 1/0 to your sub amp? 4 to your mids? or only 1/0 to your batteries? might be worth it to run 1/0 to the amp..?

you wouldnt want to see how much wiring i have in my truck for the amount of draw i have, but thats one of the reasons im so loud

250a is in fact pushing it for 1/0 welding wire when you consider a full 20 ft run to the front and back = 40ft
i bet its pretty staggering

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.