Need Help with amp asap. Have a question about what frequency the amp can play.

So I made a thread a couple weeks ago about me buying a sundown sa 12. Got a custom box built for it. It's tuned at 35 Hz at 2 cubic feet. I've bought 2 amps and returned both. Hifonics and a Kenwood (was used and didn't work). So I'm looking at the NVX BDA7501. It's 750 watts at 2 ohms and it got like 850 on the dyno for dynamic. Here's my problem. It has a subsonic from 10-55 I think and a low pass from 50-250. With the low pass it's lowest is 50 Hz. Does that mean it can't play frequencies let's say at 40 or 35 Hz? Not being able to play those frequencies would kind of defeat the purpose of upgrading my sub to the sundown and build a custom box. Here is the link https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_93307_NVX-BDA7501-BD-Series-Amp.html

And btw, I have to buy an amp from sonic electronix because I will have around 135 store credit. Do not want to spend more than 180 or so. This amp matches the power I want perfectly. Around 750-900 watts rms.

a subsonic filter is a high pass filter and a low pass passes lows, so if you have the subsonic set at 20 and the low pass set at 80 the amp will play unfiltered from 20-80hz

a subsonic filter is a high pass filter and a low pass passes lows, so if you have the subsonic set at 20 and the low pass set at 80 the amp will play unfiltered from 20-80hz
Ah ok. So it will indeed play from 20-80 if I set it at that? I just want to make sure I can play those low frequencies that I've been trying to chase. And what do you think of the amp? Good price and the dyno tells the truth about the rms wattage.

So you returned both amps because neither of them worked?? Your lucky you were able to return anything at all. Google sonicelectronix and look at all the bad reviews about them lately. Even a few members on here as well as other forums weren't able to return items, even tho they still had the packaging and was less than the time sonic gives for returnable items. They have gone downhill quick.

Another thing...don't pay any attention to those Dynamic numbers....they mean squat. Instead, look at the Certified Results. Dynamic just means full power for a few seconds, which you or your sub will ever see.

That NVX amp doesn't look bad and practically free if you end up getting it. As long as you set your gain correctly, should be good to go.

Also gonna add the freq of said tuned enclosure will determine the sub freq's it will play. For example, you got your enclosure tuned to 35Hz which is a popular tuning....thus will play low notes but not extreme lowsm and will play upper freq's as well. If you wanted higher notes say 40-60 Hz, Tune your enclosure higher, less port length. More port length will play lower freq's.

So you returned both amps because neither of them worked?? Your lucky you were able to return anything at all. Google sonicelectronix and look at all the bad reviews about them lately. Even a few members on here as well as other forums weren't able to return items, even tho they still had the packaging and was less than the time sonic gives for returnable items. They have gone downhill quick.
Another thing...don't pay any attention to those Dynamic numbers....they mean squat. Instead, look at the Certified Results. Dynamic just means full power for a few seconds, which you or your sub will ever see.

That NVX amp doesn't look bad and practically free if you end up getting it. As long as you set your gain correctly, should be good to go.
Alright awesome. As for the gain I'm no pro. I've watched YouTube videos about setting gain with a multimeter where you do the ohms law thing and find the a.c. voltage by putting the probes where the speaker inputs are an playing like a 40 Hz test tone but every time I put my probes there it doesn't read anything. So I just put my gain at half way on my current setup. No distortion. I bought the DMM at Wal-Mart for about 15 bucks but it had like 20 different modes so that shouldn't be the problem. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

subsonic filter - limits the lowest frequency thatll go out to the speakers

low pass filter - limits the highest frequency thatll go out to the speakers

thats a basic definition of the two mentioned controls, so what staan said holds true. If you set the subsonic at 20 and the lpf to 80, the effective frequency range that the amp will be outputting is 20 thru 80 hz

Alright awesome. As for the gain I'm no pro. I've watched YouTube videos about setting gain with a multimeter where you do the ohms law thing and find the a.c. voltage by putting the probes where the speaker inputs are an playing like a 40 Hz test tone but every time I put my probes there it doesn't read anything. So I just put my gain at half way on my current setup. No distortion. I bought the DMM at Wal-Mart for about 15 bucks but it had like 20 different modes so that shouldn't be the problem. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
yeah and if u do play crazy low bass with port tuned at 35hz or so set ss filter about 30hz,, if u play rock like me u can set lp pass around 120.. now lets check amp options........ anyone know if nvx does rated?, would ppi p1k be better? same price on ebay more power..

He said he is limited to sonic due to store credit.
The nvx amps do rated
This. Unfortunately I have to stay on sonic since they conti he to screw me by not accepting my returns unless I choose the store credit option. I'd love to try the ppi 1000 and the cab but I have to stay on sonic. Sonic does guarantee the rates power to the nvx amps since that's their so called sponsored brand. The low pass filter confused me at first.

This. Unfortunately I have to stay on sonic since they conti he to screw me by not accepting my returns unless I choose the store credit option. I'd love to try the ppi 1000 and the cab but I have to stay on sonic. Sonic does guarantee the rates power to the nvx amps since that's their so called sponsored brand. The low pass filter confused me at first.
well, i guess it could be going worse then. I just got my sq2200 back from SoundQubed again the other day, and they hooked me up with a polo since ive been having such trouble with this amp. A polo is a pittance, i know, but still a nice gesture

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.