New amp gets super HOTT

it sub stupid loud? turn gain down try it.. mine was crazy loud small roof flex amp shut off few seconds and back on turn sub down on hu it stopped..

Yeah I think I'm going to turn down the sub from the deck a little. The gain on the amp is only half way up. The amp says it does 1650 at 1 ohm. And 1400 at 2 ohms. Maybe I should rewire to 2 ohms

clipping it, turn the gain down. it cant put out enough power for your sub clean. check the voltage at the amps terminals when its fully loaded. keep it above 12-13v

Once gain is properly set, should be good all day.

Also....where is the amp mounted? Does it get adequite air around it? Proper use of wiring for the amp?

Extremely well grounded. Its the st1650. Running it at 1 ohm. Maybe I'm pushing it too hard. Could I be clipping it and not knowing it
Yeah I think I'm going to turn down the sub from the deck a little. The gain on the amp is only half way up. The amp says it does 1650 at 1 ohm. And 1400 at 2 ohms. Maybe I should rewire to 2 ohms
If it's wired to 1 ohm you can't wire to 2 ohm

What coils is the sub?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.