New amp gets super HOTT

The fact that you are unaware of your wiring options, makes me think the amp getting hot is user error.

Gain "half way" is usually going to be high for any output voltage above 2 or 3v

Lol the replies are so stupid here. Anyway which amp is it? Kinda would help to know which class amp it is. D class being more efficient and making less heat vs a class A/B amp. Beside that would be electrical and if your wired below rated or gain wasn't set properly

Lol the replies are so stupid here. Anyway which amp is it? Kinda would help to know which class amp it is. D class being more efficient and making less heat vs a class A/B amp. Beside that would be electrical and if your wired below rated or gain wasn't set properly
heh, kicking the bees nest LOL its a zapco st1650. nobody asked because there was another thread about him replacing his old amp with said zapco

Zapco st1650. Class D Gain is only at about 1/3. And still getting pretty hott

Zapco st1650. Class D Gain is only at about 1/3. And still getting pretty hott
Try starting at 1/4 and slowly move up to your liking. 1/3 could still be too much depending on your preout voltage. What kind of power wires are you using for the amp? Are u using the remote gain knob up front? You can't have it at full blast at all times.

Grounds to battery are 1/0 welding wire.... 2 batteries.. power wire from batteries to distribution block 0 gauge. 4 guage front distribution block to amps. Amps with 4 gauge grounded directly to the battery with 4 gauge.. distribution block has a voltmeter. It reads around 12 .1 to 12.3 at idle and 13.5 at 2000 RPM's. I only have a 95 amp alternator but I don't seem to be getting any voltage drops below 12 even when I'm running it hard. No dimming headlights.

Grounds to battery are 1/0 welding wire.... 2 batteries.. power wire from batteries to distribution block 0 gauge. 4 guage front distribution block to amps. Amps with 4 gauge grounded directly to the battery with 4 gauge.. distribution block has a voltmeter. It reads around 12 .1 to 12.3 at idle and 13.5 at 2000 RPM's. I only have a 95 amp alternator but I don't seem to be getting any voltage drops below 12 even when I'm running it hard. No dimming headlights.
wow, does the wire weigh as much as the car itself?

I'm alway stir up problems lol. I just get annoyed with people who been here forever and still don't have a clue. But seem his electrical is good enough. It's pretty hot here so that can be a contributing factor. But I don't have more info on how is wired and I can't keep up with all the post.

But a dedicated fan wood help even myself need to buy one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.