New alpine build today, please help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cablegod

Hey guys, quick question for anyone who may have a good guess to fix this.

Put all of this equipment in today replacing all my stock radio. Before I put this on, it was all stock except I did have an alpine 12inch type R sub and an alpine mono block amp. That amp was replaced with the 5 channel but still using the same sub. Ran new speaker wires to all of the speakers. When I turn my volume up to 24, the amp immediately turns it's light red and shuts off. I will try to include a picture of all my settings. The settings for the sub are similar to the settings I used on my monoblock amp. Any ideas of why the sudden shut off? The ohmage of my sub is 2.4

Amp

Alpine pdx v9 5 channel

100w rms x 4

500w rms x 1

Speakers

Front - alpine r-s65c

Rear - spr68

Both 100w rms 300peak

1 12inch alpine type r sub

Headunit

Alpine ine-w960hdmi

Hey guys, quick question for anyone who may have a good guess to fix this. Put all of this equipment in today replacing all my stock radio. Before I put this on, it was all stock except I did have an alpine 12inch type R sub and an alpine mono block amp. That amp was replaced with the 5 channel but still using the same sub. Ran new speaker wires to all of the speakers. When I turn my volume up to 24, the amp immediately turns it's light red and shuts off. I will try to include a picture of all my settings. The settings for the sub are similar to the settings I used on my monoblock amp. Any ideas of why the sudden shut off? The ohmage of my sub is 2.4

Amp

Alpine pdx v9 5 channel

100w rms x 4

500w rms x 1

Speakers

Front - alpine r-s65c

Rear - spr68

Both 100w rms 300peak

Headunit

Alpine ine-w960hdmi
put a multimeter on dcvolts on the power and ground inputs on the amp, and see what the voltage does when you turn it up to 24

Hey guys, quick question for anyone who may have a good guess to fix this. Put all of this equipment in today replacing all my stock radio. Before I put this on, it was all stock except I did have an alpine 12inch type R sub and an alpine mono block amp. That amp was replaced with the 5 channel but still using the same sub. Ran new speaker wires to all of the speakers. When I turn my volume up to 24, the amp immediately turns it's light red and shuts off. I will try to include a picture of all my settings. The settings for the sub are similar to the settings I used on my monoblock amp. Any ideas of why the sudden shut off? The ohmage of my sub is 2.4

Amp

Alpine pdx v9 5 channel

100w rms x 4

500w rms x 1

Speakers

Front - alpine r-s65c

Rear - spr68

Both 100w rms 300peak

Headunit

Alpine ine-w960hdmi
Is the Amp designed to run 2 ohm mono ? I have an older Alpine 5ch amp and it can only run 4 ohm mono

I attached photo of the box, hopefully you can see it.
That looks like the problem ..what I'm seeing on the box is Its made for a 4 ohm subwoofer like my Alpine 5ch which is an older Alpine Flex 5 ..you'll need a single 4 ohm or dual 2 ohm subwoofer to get the proper load for the amp ..a temporary fix but a reduction in power would be to wire your sub ..neg to pos on each side and the remaining neg and pos lead on sub run to amp that will step it to an 8 ohm load but it won't damage the amp ..another cure would be add a 2nd dual 4 subwoofer with the pair you can wire them to a 4 ohm mono

Yeah this has me completely stumped. Any ideas anyone has I will try when the sun comes up
Maybe a guess ..But is it a high voltage deck like 4-5 volts and not proper gain matching so possibly overloading the amp input ? And I assume good grounds ? I know your running Alpine but quality amps sometimes require a low resistance grounds some amps can work better with higher resistance..so maybe even though The same brand it's still made different...most vehicles these days are unibody and sometimes require an equal ground wire as your power run to your battery ..I had to do that in my Dodge Dart because of high resistance in the trunk

Maybe a guess ..But is it a high voltage deck like 4-5 volts and not proper gain matching so possibly overloading the amp input ? And I assume good grounds ? I know your running Alpine but quality amps sometimes require a low resistance grounds some amps can work better with higher resistance..so maybe even though The same brand it's still made different...most vehicles these days are unibody and sometimes require an equal ground wire as your power run to your battery ..I had to do that in my Dodge Dart because of high resistance in the trunk
Well, the power and ground I am using are from the previous alpine amp that was installed 2 years ago from a local shop. The ground is in the trunk. The previous alpine amp I had, the setttings were all wrong and I would smell the sub getting hot and the amp would get hot. I had to tinker with those settings but that amp never shut off. This amp today, I had gains turned all the way down to nothing and it still was shutting down. I had even turned my sub off through the settings on the radio, and it still shut off and light turned red on amp at high volume after 2 seconds. Amp was cool.

Does it matter what speakers I have hooked up to what channels? My front components are on channels 1 and 2. Rear deck speakers channel 3 and 4. And of course sub is on the sub out.

Well, the power and ground I am using are from the previous alpine amp that was installed 2 years ago from a local shop. The ground is in the trunk. The previous alpine amp I had, the setttings were all wrong and I would smell the sub getting hot and the amp would get hot. I had to tinker with those settings but that amp never shut off. This amp today, I had gains turned all the way down to nothing and it still was shutting down. I had even turned my sub off through the settings on the radio, and it still shut off and light turned red on amp at high volume after 2 seconds. Amp was cool.
Does it matter what speakers I have hooked up to what channels? My front components are on channels 1 and 2. Rear deck speakers channel 3 and 4. And of course sub is on the sub out.
I'd have to think a ground issue ..it sounds like your amp is hooked up to the speakers right ..you can test your resistance with a dmm ..one lead would have to be connected to your battery ground post and the other end to your Gnd wire at the amp ..it needs to be unhooked from the amp to test so you don't get false readings due to rca gnds

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.