New Aftermarket Deck Installation - Now Engine Won't Shutoff Until Door Opened

Participant count
  • Participant list

tommy234

I recently installed a new deck in my GF's 2011 Chevy Aveo5 and now the car seems to be unable to shut off when the key is pulled. It will continue to run until one of the door's is opened.

I'm not aware of anything a deck install would do that would cause this it may just be a coincidence.

Any Thoughts???

wow thats a new one for me.. did u connect any wire to any part of the ignition wires? because my hu won't cut off until i open door but if car don't cut off sounds like u got wires mixed up somewhere..

I had to run a separate power wire to a switched fuse(I chose the wiper fuse). It was included in the harness and i spliced all those wires according to the documentation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.