Fitting aftermarket HU with no ACC position on ignition switch

Participant count
  • Participant list

mraynsford

CarAudio.com Newbie
Stone
I have recently purchased a Pioneer sph-evo62dab-uni for my 2006 Audi A3 8p.
Just realised this car does not have an ACC position on the ignition switch and the HU manual says this system will not work a car without this ACC position.
Does anyone know a way around this through wiring changes at all, as it's taken me 2-months of chat with Halfords to finally get the right fittings and I'd be surprised if they offer me the ~£400 refund on the set up.
I have a single din fitting so there aren't many options out there to support a full screen and android auto with my current car.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

So you have your main power wire which feed the current it needs. Your original HU would have had it, and you probably connected your new HU to it.

I'm certain you have an ACC position. Any circuit that is OFF when the car is off, OFF when the vehicle is cranking and ON when the car is running is an accessory circuit. Not sure on your vehicle, but some newer vehicles are activated when you get in the car, or the key remote is close. It acts as a switch/power button to turn on the load. Radios are always on ACC circuits, dash lights, your interior items that aren't critical, since you don't want to take away from your starter's ability to crank at full power. Your factory head unit WILL have one. I would just buy a test light to find it if you need to, but you should be able to find the schematics.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...