need to build a couple tapped horns

Participant count
  • Participant list

akheathen
Premium Member

trianoacitol contraceptiv
i'll be the first to admit- i know nothing about tuning/calculating horns, so i'm asking for help. what i have is 2 coaxial 5-1/4" speakers stock out of something, and there will not be much power going to them, and i might do one from a 6-1/2", or 6x9. either 2 single 5-1/4 horns or 1 compund 90* offset. got some ideas about the design, but no clue on the tuning. the other one is going to probaby have to be compact, as far as horns go, to fit in the center of a single cab sterling service truck. i might just go band-pass with that, though. not sure.....

thanx.

Why are you looking for a horn? It doesnt sound like you have specs for the woofers/mids? at all either.

How much space do you have? How much power? Lets start there.

low power. the 5-1/4's are going in a large shop, too, run of a crappy head unit on a battery charger( that's what they do up there, fml) and then the service truck is lacking, especially when i wear earplugs driving, lol. let's say 13" deep, 24-30" wide, and about 3' or so tall, and i have no idea where to start with finding the parameters...

Then it doesnt matter how much space you have. TSPs are very important. Most people, with most other enclosure, are able to just 'guess' the volumes, tuning etc because theyre very forgiving or they dont understand what could truly be accomplished with a properly planned design.

Horns though (real ones/most of them) are very picky. In all honesty, Id check out the MCM 8" subwoofer (its ~30 bucks) and theres a few tapped horn/folded horn plans around the internet for free.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.