Need to break 150db

You couldn't break a 150 with an 18'' btl......
It was doing high 146's off a single 3Kd (in the BTL's defense the box I was testing it in was too small).... I'm confident with some combination of higher tuning, bigger box, and more power I could.

Shocker is louder by quite a bit allready holds the power without getting smelly better, and in the size box that the BTL reallly wants I can do the pair of shockers. Also I have a buddy locally that wants the BTL so I'll go head and sell it before I smoke it.

You could also try the subs facing the front & ports firing back, but as stated man you have to try different box's to be happy with what you want & like. From experience I would for sure do the 6" aero ports.........

Believe me, I went through 6 boxes in my last car so I'm usually the first guy to say try different boxes. At this point wood is getting pricy (especially with 11-12ft gross boxes) and I KNOW plenty of guys build for jeeps... I'm telling myself I'll just do this once and leave it alone for a year but I think I'm only kidding myself.

So you want a daily setup that will burp a 150?

if you were only doing a 146 with a BTL on 3k IN A JEEP, good luck.

Subs up, as close to the hatch as possible, without limiting port flow

Port back, drivers side of cabin

tune in the high 30's, give them adequate airspace and port area.

DSC06172.jpg

The BTL 18" wasn't really getting me there. LOL

For next summer I'll probably try to get into an 18" LMS 5400... For now I'm sort of feeling the shockers.

That would be a downgrade.

So you want a daily setup that will burp a 150?
if you were only doing a 146 with a BTL on 3k IN A JEEP, good luck.

Subs up, as close to the hatch as possible, without limiting port flow

Port back, drivers side of cabin

tune in the high 30's, give them adequate airspace and port area.
I did say the BTL box was inadequate.... and yeah, that all seems to be the general opinion on how to get this done.

I will post pics and some termlab results when I get this done.

DSC06196.jpg

DSC06199.jpg

DSC06203.jpg

DSC06205.jpg

DSC06207.jpg

DSC06209.jpg

DSC06210.jpg

8 cube net, port is 22.5 X 7" tuned to 33hz. It's really loud and actually sounds pretty good with sub level turned way way down. In retrospect I think I will rebuild below the window line tuned to 40-45ish.... May even pay to have one built for a single one for competing. Been super busy with work since I blew off a day to build this fella but I'll meter when I have time and may or may not even finish this box.

If I decide to keep this as/is I'll double baffle. Might also throw another piece of 3/4 over the baffle and throw a single 18 in this. Might be a better box for that and I can keep the shockers for just fartbox.

apparently you missed it when everybody was saying subs up, port back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

looks good though, im sure its loud.

apparently you missed it when everybody was saying subs up, port back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
looks good though, im sure its loud.
Yeah, but they weren't both going to fit on top with the port width what it is AND this allows me a little bit of storage space on top of the box.

I've decided I'll either buy or build a separate SPL box since I know these have way more output in the 50hz range, but I find a box tuned to even 40 awful to listen to.

Mounting those subs sideways, you should have added some motor support. Ive seen those 12 spoke frames break with smaller motors than sigs.
Good thinking. Might have to try sub + port up then. I may have time to meter today but I have a huge day tomorrow and sun/mon/tue are looking really busy too. Honestly at this point it wouldn't break my heart to have to rebuild one so both match, but I'd rather do it when I plan to rather than just at random.

I really screwed the pooch with this box in retrospect, LOL. Just metered and still holding 146.6.... on the bright side I can do 146 and change from 38hz to 55ish.... Sounds nice and linear LOL. I guess I'll have to do a **** ton more surface area or do a one-note-wonder to hit 150 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.