Car audio is worse than crack.

Supergumby5000
5,000+ posts

Project: F350 begins...
Pullman, WA
I've been trying to get out of the money pit SPL scene of car audio this year, but its proving to be f*cking hard.

I swap my avalanche to a truck with barely any room for a stereo, planning to put a couple 8's behind the seat, then i was gonna buy myself a new computer and plan a trip somewhere for next year.

I found myself last night designing a 4th order bandpass for 6 18's, with a blowthrough in the rear window //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I even made a cost sheet.

I dont even wanna think about how much $$$ i would have saved if i didnt get involved in this hobby.

I've been trying to get out of the money pit SPL scene of car audio this year, but its proving to be f*cking hard.
I swap my avalanche to a truck with barely any room for a stereo, planning to put a couple 8's behind the seat, then i was gonna buy myself a new computer and plan a trip somewhere for next year.

I found myself last night designing a 4th order bandpass for 6 18's, with a blowthrough in the rear window //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I even made a cost sheet.

I dont even wanna think about how much $$$ i would have saved if i didnt get involved in this hobby.

Same

And I really don't wanna think about how much money worth of equipment is sitting around me in my room right now. I had planed to put a single 12 in my car and after purchasing that I just bought 4 DC level 3's and I'm gonna put in the back of my new SUV. With 4 amps with only two of which will get used on a daily basis and the other two will only get used for comps. **** *****

I paid $700 for one sub. FML.
As did I. Stop bitching, I offered to buy yours and you told me to fuck off so it must not be that big of deal //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Wow I was just thinking the same thing earlier today as I was purchasing deadner. If it's not one thing I have to have it's another and another and then another. Pretty soon I'll have enough invested that I could have easily put a huge down payment on a house and I still want MORE!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.