Need to beef up alarm system

Mayur
10+ year member

Alright Ive searched this forum and I found a few interesting threads but still have a few questions.

First of all I have the Avital AviStart 4400 with two-way pager.

Q's

1) Im thinking of getting the universal voice system 516u. How hard would it be to install this? What does the actual message it says? Does it only talk in warn away mode? Siren in full alarm mode? Can only warn away be activated for full alarm mode? How hard to add it to the current system?

2) What kind of siren does my system come with? Can I add yet another siren model number 514n?

3) Also plan on hooking up my horn to it making a total of 4 sirens along with current one. My alarm is set for the longest run time which I believe is like 3min? Will the extra sirens take up more juice from the battery? Should I be worried?

Thanks in advance

Mayur

for the answers #1 is gay dont do it. #2 get 2 or 3 mini peizo sirens and put one under each side of the dash, and one in the trunk, and then get another 6 tone and hide it either under the rear bumper or in the front bumper. and get another shock sensor and put it in the back for the car. i have my siren set to run for 116seconds set it like that with the bitwriter.

Ok so voice thing out of the question. How would I go about wiring up another shock sensor? I had my alarm professionally installed. Would that void warranty? BTW I dont have any valuable electronics in my car except my radar detector (kids in school jack them alot). I was thinking one mini peizo under the dash. Maybe two if I can get em cheap.

u have to tie into the already there shock sensor. if u have never done this before or dont understand i say take it into the shop and have them do it. even if u have an alarm it isnt gonna stop then from smashing a window and grabbing the radar, it will slow them down a sec, but if they want it they will get it

u have to tie into the already there shock sensor. if u have never done this before or dont understand i say take it into the shop and have them do it. even if u have an alarm it isnt gonna stop then from smashing a window and grabbing the radar, it will slow them down a sec, but if they want it they will get it
That is if they can find it. I dont put it in the obvious areas so Im hoping that by the time they figure out where it is, Ill be out there or someone would catch them. Im not a n00b when it comes to cars so lol. My friend installs systems as a part time thing and hes supposed to help me out on wiring. Do I wire it up in parellel with the other shock sensor or is there a different way of wiring it?

just tie into the same color wires and besure to tape the wires up
Easy enough. Does that also mean that my alarm will be more sensitive? If so //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif use relays to triger other things off the alarm, they only put out so much voltage , you will end up fry'in an output.

im gonna run wires for 6 piezo sirens in the cargo area (1 under each amp) when im running the wires for the amps themselves. i should put 1 piezo by each bolt LOL

i dont want anyone takin my ****

why not? theyre loud and if theyre right there in your face (6 of them)....................

i know NOTHING will stop anyone, but itll slow them down ALOT with that many high pitched sirens right there in ur face IMO

They wear ear muffs.

While they could do that, they still will know that it is MUCH louder than a normal car alarm & thus is going to cause more attention being drawn.

Thus causing them to do this faster //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/escape.gif.52b661afb17bde1db0e0c7da97e75b38.gif

ok they wear ear muffs.

im not, i hear alarm/it pages me.

at this point you process to sneak up behind them with a bat (which they wont hear me, ear muffs) and hit them in head.

good enough explination?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.