Need the experts opinions!

A9Y

Adelaide
What's up car audio world?!

I'm wanting to put a fairly serious stereo in my original 88' VL Calais wagon and want to see what the Internet experts would do for the budget.

I have about 5 to 5.5K to spend, including installation and do have a brand new Sundown Audio SAE1200d V2 and knukonceptz 0 gauge wiring kit that I can utilize or sell.

Let the opinions begin!

I know to do research, however I wanted to get other audio enthusiasts opinions also.

I won't do the install myself as I'm not all that handy in terms of fabrication, but will get a reputable place to do all the work.

You can do alot with that budget. First I would upgrade battery and Big 3. If you do something like a pair of SA-10's or 12's or an equivalent sub that amp is plenty. If you are looking to go more either aquire another SAE-1200v2. The knu wiring is it OFC or CCA? Do you have a HU, what type of music do you listen to is it gonna be daily use or comp system or a mix?

Definitely pick a goal first, whether its sq, or spl, or SQL. The bases for for any of the systems I listed will be entirely different, and of course will require different installs. But the really bad thing, if you pay someone to install it for you, you will have to take a lot off what you're starting with. So a whole lot less money. Labor is expensive!

Definitely pick a goal first, whether its sq, or spl, or SQL. The bases for for any of the systems I listed will be entirely different, and of course will require different installs. But the really bad thing, if you pay someone to install it for you, you will have to take a lot off what you're starting with. So a whole lot less money. Labor is expensive!
This. Without a goal we cant recommend anything.

You can do alot with that budget. First I would upgrade battery and Big 3. If you do something like a pair of SA-10's or 12's or an equivalent sub that amp is plenty. If you are looking to go more either aquire another SAE-1200v2. The knu wiring is it OFC or CCA? Do you have a HU, what type of music do you listen to is it gonna be daily use or comp system or a mix?
He's got $5,000 to spend and wants a ridiculous system, and you're telling him to get a pair of SA 10s/12s?

Do yourself a favor and read some more on how to install everything yourself and not waste $5000. With that much money invested in something don't you think it would be a good idea to know how everything works in your audio system?

with 5k to spend ,you can get one nasty *** system ,but like said ,are you looking for some serious bass ,sound quality or both.also is this a daily system for you ,or are you considering competing ?.you also may wanna learn a bit about installing ,because with a system this size,you wont find just any shop that can wrk on it and know what they are doing .5-9000 watts rms would be the power range for that kind of money and 2-4 18 inch subs.a very nice deck and components with a matching 4 channel. a min. of 3 batts and a 350 or dual ho alts ,and lots of ofc wire

Yep as you'll see in my inbox, the battery and big 3 upgrades are already planned.

This is the wiring kit 0 GAUGE AMP POWER KIT

No H/U yet.. As per my inbox, I'm inclined to get the Kenwood KVT-636DVD because its the only 7" H/U that will fit in the VL dash without custom work.

I listen to everything from hip hop, to metal, all the way through to classical opera and it'll be mostly a daily system, she may occasionally get entered into a comp though.

I would say SQL, while leaning towards SPL.

I know the install is going to be the killer, but being my first serious system Im gathering it'd be better to have the professionals install it all..

He's got $5,000 to spend and wants a ridiculous system, and you're telling him to get a pair of SA 10s/12s?
What would your recommendation be?

Any pics of your car to see what we are working with?
I've attached a couple photos of the car, but I don't have any interior photos right now and its 4:08am here haha.

Do yourself a favor and read some more on how to install everything yourself and not waste $5000. With that much money invested in something don't you think it would be a good idea to know how everything works in your audio system?
I've got too much to deal with at the moment to put all my time into researching how to install a big car stereo properly. I'd love to do it myself, but unfortunately that is just not an option this time around.

with 5k to spend ,you can get one nasty *** system ,but like said ,are you looking for some serious bass ,sound quality or both.also is this a daily system for you ,or are you considering competing ?.you also may wanna learn a bit about installing ,because with a system this size,you wont find just any shop that can wrk on it and know what they are doing .5-9000 watts rms would be the power range for that kind of money and 2-4 18 inch subs.a very nice deck and components with a matching 4 channel. a min. of 3 batts and a 350 or dual ho alts ,and lots of ofc wire
I'm looking for both, but leaning towards serious bass for sure! It'll be a daily system for now (hopefully the car will be taken off the road in the next year or so for a full resto) and possibly be entered in a comp here and there for fun, but it won't be a pure competition car.

I am extremely meticulous with my research and my car is like my baby, so whatever shop does the install will have to prove themselves worthy haha.

Wow that sounds full on mate, I LIKE!!!!

Yep as you'll see in my inbox, the battery and big 3 upgrades are already planned.

No H/U yet.. As per my inbox, I'm inclined to get the Kenwood KVT-636DVD because its the only 7" H/U that will fit in the VL dash without custom work.

I listen to everything from hip hop, to metal, all the way through to classical opera and it'll be mostly a daily system, she may occasionally get entered into a comp though.

I know the install is going to be the killer, but being my first serious system Im gathering it'd be better to have the professionals install it all..

I've attached a couple photos of the car, but I don't have any interior photos right now and its 4:08am here haha.

I've got too much to deal with at the moment to put all my time into researching how to install a big car stereo properly. I'd love to do it myself, but unfortunately that is just not an option this time around.

I'm looking for both, but leaning towards serious bass for sure! It'll be a daily system for now (hopefully the car will be taken off the road in the next year or so for a full resto) and possibly be entered in a comp here and there for fun, but it won't be a pure competition car.

I am extremely meticulous with my research and my car is like my baby, so whatever shop does the install will have to prove themselves worthy haha.

Throw a pair of 18's in that *****.

ok i would say loose the back seat 2 18's on 7k a big 4 channel bridged on a set of 3 way components and mids for the rear fill off the deck power. 3 xs power d 3100 batts and as big of a stinger alt or two as we can get under the hood .6 runs of power and 6 runs of ground 0 gauge front to back ,a custom box ported at 34 hertz. and the deck you want ,miss anything ?if you like the sound of this pm me and we can talk more . also if yu let me know where you are located i might be able to find a shop or installer

Throw a pair of 18's in that *****.
Haha go big or go home aye!

ok i would say loose the back seat 2 18's on 7k a big 4 channel bridged on a set of 3 way components and mids for the rear fill off the deck power. 3 xs power d 3100 batts and as big of a stinger alt or two as we can get under the hood .6 runs of power and 6 runs of ground 0 gauge front to back ,a custom box ported at 34 hertz. and the deck you want ,miss anything ?if you like the sound of this pm me and we can talk more . also if yu let me know where you are located i might be able to find a shop or installer
Yep, definitely go big or go home haha! I'll inbox you now for further details.

Although if possible, I'd like to keep the back seats because its still an everyday driver for now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.