Need subwoofer with <5" mounting depth

Pearson
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Florida
I recently bought a sa-8 and was hoping it'd fit but it's too deep so I may have it for sale if I can't send it back to the company. I already have the box built so i'm looking to put subs into it instead of just scrapping the box.

I just need suggestions on good subs that have under or equal to 5" of mounting depth and will work with a hifonics hifi1000.1d. Thanks

make a new box you wont regret it. unless for some reason your stuck with that size of a box do to vehicle restrictions. There isnt really anything decent you can get with that mounting depth

make a new box you wont regret it. unless for some reason your stuck with that size of a box do to vehicle restrictions. There isnt really anything decent you can get with that mounting depth
I'm limited by my truck. I have it behind the rear seat and the dimensions are as big as I can go.

The guy that built my box says he has a pair of shallow kicker 8's and as much as I don't want to run mainstream subs that's kinda lookin like my only option.

There has to be some small 8's that are better than the shallow kickers.

Dude I just listed some above, don't do the kickers, they **** big time! I flipped a Kicker CVT 12 and the output was just a joke.
That's what I was thinking. Boston subs can't be the only one out there that makes good 8's that are small.

guy who built the box should have measured and accounted for the depth of the woofer....
He built a couple baffles to help with the depth but I just don't have the room behind my seat. He had the sub while building the box so I guess he should've known but I like the shop and it seems to be the only one that does decent work and I don't want to **** up the chance to get some work done there.

Re Audio ReX 8 is 4 1/2- though I question RE Audio's build quality these days

JBL GTO 804 is 4 3/8 Similar to the Infinity Ref 8 but the JBL is the higher end brand, JBL owns Infinity

Alpine Type R 8 is 4 1/2

Sundown E8 is 4 1/4 Probably the best spl of all mentioned so far

Image Dynamics ID 8 is 4 3/4

All good choices there, took me less than 5 mins to find from 1 large online retailer.

YW

Sundown E8 is 4 1/4 Probably the best spl of all mentioned so far

Image Dynamics ID 8 is 4 3/4

All good choices there, took me less than 5 mins to find from 1 large online retailer.

YW
I guess I didn't ask my question right. Thank you for finding some subs, I just don't know enough to make a decision on which I would enjoy more. I narrowed it down to these two, I think, but I don't know which would work better. How do these two compare to each other?

Would I be able to run two of the id 8's or two sundown e8's or just one of either? I have .95cuft of space.

I guess I didn't ask my question right. Thank you for finding some subs, I just don't know enough to make a decision on which I would enjoy more. I narrowed it down to these two, I think, but I don't know which would work better. How do these two compare to each other?
Would I be able to run two of the id 8's or two sundown e8's or just one of either? I have .95cuft of space.
I did some more research and it seems that the alpine type r's or the re's are the best bet. Which of the two would be the best option to run?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.