Need Subwoofer Recommendation

Participant count
  • Participant list

biggz45

I'm looking for help on a subwoofer recommendation. Right now I have an enclosure that hits on all 4 corners and touches the trunk lid when it closes, so I can't go any bigger. I believe the box is about 2.3 cubes per chamber, so I am looking to get the maximum output for the space I'm limited to. Currently have 12s but could fit 15s. This would have to run off my DD M3a, so I've been looking at subs around 1400-1750w rms /ea. Prefer best bang for buck recommendations, but money isn't a huge issue. Thank you in advance //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

What subwoofers are you using now?

What is box tuned to?

What ohm load are you running them at currently?

I'm looking for help on a subwoofer recommendation. Right now I have an enclosure that hits on all 4 corners and touches the trunk lid when it closes, so I can't go any bigger. I believe the box is about 2.3 cubes per chamber, so I am looking to get the maximum output for the space I'm limited to. Currently have 12s but could fit 15s. This would have to run off my DD M3a, so I've been looking at subs around 1400-1750w rms /ea. Prefer best bang for buck recommendations, but money isn't a huge issue. Thank you in advance //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
If you have 12s and your box can't be any bigger how can you fit 15s? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Setup is about 7 years old - I have Alphasonik PSW912s now, current box was a prefab probably tuned roughly 40-42Hz but I could build new, running at .5 ohm.

Yeah I'd love to build, it's just a matter of finding the time.. It's been very slow progression on upgrading my current setup since I've first gotten it, but am to the point where I only need the end of the line with subs/box upgrade which will likely take me some time to actually do as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.