Need subwoofer/Amp combo

jokersace69

Mar 31, 2013
Arizona
Been awhile since I last was here -

Current setup has sadly been the same and it got boring (2013)
- Boston Acoustics GT2125 (600RMS)
- Sound Qubed HDS2 10 with a custom box made and tuned to 34hz. I'd take a replacement but they are very hard to find now.

It took many years but I finally killed the subwoofer after it started making some odd noise i took it out.
So here i am again, Looking to either pair a subwoofer to my current setup and stay within a reasonable budget while being heard 2 streets over. Or - trying to find a nice sub/amp combo for around $500 out the door. I'd love more power (especially as much as the HDS gave me) but willing to compensate if need be. That way i can keep the current box and amp and spend that money on a very decent sub. Thanks for any suggestions.

LEGION of BOOM?88

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 20, 2021
Washington
Been awhile since I last was here -

Current setup has sadly been the same and it got boring (2013)
- Boston Acoustics GT2125 (600RMS)
- Sound Qubed HDS2 10 with a custom box made and tuned to 34hz. I'd take a replacement but they are very hard to find now.

It took many years but I finally killed the subwoofer after it started making some odd noise i took it out.
So here i am again, Looking to either pair a subwoofer to my current setup and stay within a reasonable budget while being heard 2 streets over. Or - trying to find a nice sub/amp combo for around $500 out the door. I'd love more power (especially as much as the HDS gave me) but willing to compensate if need be. That way i can keep the current box and amp and spend that money on a very decent sub. Thanks for any suggestions.
if you can find 1 alpine MRV-M500 can't go wrong, rated 500watts accual 560watts and mine has never even got warm pushing dual JL audio 8W3v3-4s 250watts each. $150-$180 lately for amp subs about $550. Kickers on sale at cartoys $150 and up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds