Need Sub Recommendations

NDPTJB

CarAudio.com Recruit
Aug 15, 2020
Looking to get 2 15’s, need some recommendations, looking to get both for under $1k, need something that would sound nice and clean, good sql and spl. Open to all suggestions thank u

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Aug 28, 2018
Looking to get 2 15’s, need some recommendations, looking to get both for under $1k, need something that would sound nice and clean, good sql and spl. Open to all suggestions thank u
Look at Sundown and Fi. Which amp do you have? Which box and vehicle do you have? What is your electrical situation? Details are everything.

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Jan 10, 2012
Adire Audio Brahma but yes many more details are needed

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
I have a couple of DD 15s left..the same ones I have in my Xtreme Blazer..I was gonna do 4 but decided on doing a pair ...and the pair is more than enough bass when setup right ....

NDPTJB

CarAudio.com Recruit
Aug 15, 2020
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Look at Sundown and Fi. Which amp do you have? Which box and vehicle do you have? What is your electrical situation? Details are everything.
2 skar rp2000, my batteries and alternator are good they drop to around 13.3 volts, in a 4.5 cu ft box tuned to 34, i had 2 AB TNT 15’s but im trying to upgrade now.

BCotrell

Senior VIP Member
May 27, 2015
@NDPTJB your box is Too small at 4.5 cubes For two 15” tnt’s. minimum advised by ab is 2.75-3 per sub and likely more. Also after impedance rise you’re probably not feeding those subs anywhere near 2k probably Closer to 1k each. Get a larger box and bigger amp you’re going to have to anyways if you upgrade subs which you haven’t tapped anywhere near their potential

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.