Replacing kicker comp

Bdoza941

May 24, 2018
I have a 4th order band pass enclosure for 2-12” kicker comp c subs. 2.5 cu ft sealed to 5 cu ft to the ported side with a 7.75x7.75x9.5 port. I would like to upgrade my subs but would like to keep the same box if possible ( can change port size of needed. Any subs that will give me more power and cleaner bass than these kickers?
53738C1C-A719-4DC9-A89B-BB44E6EBBC9E.jpeg

austinbelschner2013

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 19, 2020
I recommend the Skar DDX-12s. They will give you massive bump as well as sounding better than kicker. I had kicker, then went skar, and right now am running sundown.... and skar has been the best out of all off these brands in my opinion...

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
Dec 31, 2017
ABS = anything but skar.
I’m not sure what year comp-c you have seeing as how kicker has been making them for decades.

Reactions: Popwarhomie

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Jan 10, 2012
I recommend the Skar DDX-12s. They will give you massive bump as well as sounding better than kicker. I had kicker, then went skar, and right now am running sundown.... and skar has been the best out of all off these brands in my opinion...
What sundown are you running and how do you have it set up?

Reactions: Bobbytwonames

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
right now am running sundown.... and skar has been the best out of all off these brands in my opinion...

You are higher than a giraffes pussy......

OP
What is your budget and what what amp are you using?
Is that 2.5 sealed for both or is that a each chamber? Can't tell if that is a window brace or a solid brace in your sealed section.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest threads

Latest classifieds