Need SQ sub, around $200

My friend wants to get some sub in his SUV.. He listens to rap but mainly just rock songs and dubstep. Doesnt need a ton of bass looking at more SQ here but i understand on a budget like this it might be hard..

I suggested he get either c2 threatcon 4 12, fi ssd 12, sa 12, which is all around $200... Size of the box is not an issue but im assuming it would be best to go sealed, im not against going with 2 subs but with a $200 budget i just dont see how it would be possible to get 2 decent sq subs in his car.. even for 250

Any opinions on what he should get? I would love for him to get some dcons but price is an issue lol

I'm not familiar with the sound qualities of any of the subs you mentioned, I've not seen them in any of the SQ cars I've looked at, but I haven't seen everything out there either. I'm sure they could sound fine though.

If you're interested in a woofer that was designed for an SQ system and a sealed enclosure, we offer the Uranium woofers in 8,10, &12" the 12 has an MSRP of $237.00. You can look at them on our website

Ground Zero Usa - Subwoofer, Amplifier, Subwoofer Amplifier.

If those Uranium subs interest you, let me know.

Brandon

I'm not familiar with the sound qualities of any of the subs you mentioned, I've not seen them in any of the SQ cars I've looked at, but I haven't seen everything out there either. I'm sure they could sound fine though. If you're interested in a woofer that was designed for an SQ system and a sealed enclosure, we offer the Uranium woofers in 8,10, &12" the 12 has an MSRP of $237.00. You can look at them on our website

Ground Zero Usa - Subwoofer, Amplifier, Subwoofer Amplifier.

If those Uranium subs interest you, let me know.

Brandon
Looks good ill consider it for sure. Just wondering but how much does one of those Plutonium 18's cost? Looks crazy lol

To do well in a sealed enclosure on rock and dubstep you need 2 or more subs capable of high excursion. In that budget you really should consider JBL GTO 12s or 15s, possibly even 1 15 ported to JBL's recommendation that you will find in the package.

My friend wants to get some sub in his SUV.. He listens to rap but mainly just rock songs and dubstep. Doesnt need a ton of bass looking at more SQ here but i understand on a budget like this it might be hard..

I suggested he get either c2 threatcon 4 12, fi ssd 12, sa 12, which is all around $200... Size of the box is not an issue but im assuming it would be best to go sealed, im not against going with 2 subs but with a $200 budget i just dont see how it would be possible to get 2 decent sq subs in his car.. even for 250

Any opinions on what he should get? I would love for him to get some dcons but price is an issue lol
We do have a DC lvl 4 12 we received on a trade in, its in great shape. I can get it to ya for $215 shipped. A little over budget however that is due to shipping.

Let me know

Andrew

To do well in a sealed enclosure on rock and dubstep you need 2 or more subs capable of high excursion. In that budget you really should consider JBL GTO 12s or 15s, possibly even 1 15 ported to JBL's recommendation that you will find in the package.
What makes you say that? I was under the impression that sealed = more accurate sounding bass, not as loud, but more accurate.. Also lets say I tell him to get an SA12... the difference between say an SA 12 and a 15 is a 15 could get lower and louder but the 12 could do better on more rock bass notes, correct? Sorry for the stupid questions im just trying to learn

What makes you say that? I was under the impression that sealed = more accurate sounding bass, not as loud, but more accurate.. Also lets say I tell him to get an SA12... the difference between say an SA 12 and a 15 is a 15 could get lower and louder but the 12 could do better on more rock bass notes, correct? Sorry for the stupid questions im just trying to learn
Its about matching the sub to the box. Some will sound horrible sealed and others horrible ported. Id go with what you can find for a good price in the classifieds and use the extra cash to get some good power for the woofer and decent wiring.

Its about matching the sub to the box. Some will sound horrible sealed and others horrible ported. Id go with what you can find for a good price in the classifieds and use the extra cash to get some good power for the woofer and decent wiring.
He is running a hifonics brx1100.1d. Not sure on the wiring.. i think its 4 gauge but not sure on the brand.. the whole car is definitely a work in progress though. Its definitely not gonna be a perfect setup but I think it could be nice. Personally im leaning towards the sundown but im open to anything right now

That dc lvl 4 in a custom box 2cuft at 32hrtz would work. It's rated at 1400wrms, you should be satisfied on around 1000-1200wrms. I have that sub on about 1500wrms, and it is a damm good sub, kills the lows and gets decently loud while doing, have had people be surprised when they find out I have only one sub.

Can't remember what a used Fi Q goes for but there are a couple for sale on caco or at least there was last time I looked could also look into a used ssa icon maybe. The idea that different sized woofers play different frequency ranges is a misconception it's all about the enclosure. Additionally a proper ported enclosure should be able to play the music you want it to within reason.

Can't remember what a used Fi Q goes for but there are a couple for sale on caco or at least there was last time I looked could also look into a used ssa icon maybe. The idea that different sized woofers play different frequency ranges is a misconception it's all about the enclosure. Additionally a proper ported enclosure should be able to play the music you want it to within reason.

Oh ya a used Fi Q would definitely be nice ill be looking for that. He was all for a sealed 12 but if I could get him a nice 15 and build him a box i think it could be real nice

Comparing a 12" and a 15" sub from the same line, the performance shouldn't be that different if they're both in sealed enclosures built to spec. The 15 shouldn't sound any "worse" on rock music than the 12. When you're talking about synthetic bass, we want to move a lot of air so we can feel the bass, and that is why I said to have multiple subs for a sealed application. Some people would be happy with one sealed sub for all kinds of music, but they're in the minority.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.