Need someone who's down to design me a totally custom enclosure.

i really need the port to go all the way back...the 16.5" dimension......and point up. it doesn't actually have to extend upwards, i just added that in just in case it was needed.

OK how much room do you need to mount the amp?

looks like 11" front to back and 28" wide....orion 2500d
So what's your preference on the width? You could go with 29" and be wide enough for the amp or you could span the whole enclosure and make it 39". Either way would work.

So what's your preference on the width? You could go with 29" and be wide enough for the amp or you could span the whole enclosure and make it 39". Either way would work.
39" would be tits. that way i could throw my other front stage amp in there.

39" would be tits. that way i could throw my other front stage amp in there.
OK i have the calculations done. Basically you will use the 39" width (which I assume is outer width, so the inner width would be 37.5" if you use .75" MDF which I also assume you are going to use).

The OUTER length of the port will be the 16" that you wanted and the longest upwards OUTER length of mdf will be 9.15". Can you figure the rest out from that or do you want be to draw it up for you?

This also assumes that your NET volume is exactly 7 cu ft.

BTW this gives you 75 sq inches of port area which is exactly what SS recommends. The inner port is 2 inches wide and extends a total of 21.65 inches, tuned to 28 hz of course.

Let me know if this is confusing you, I didn't organize it well. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

nope i have the idea, except for the one dimension...if the inner dimensions on the piece heading out of the box is 37.5"w---what would the height equal on the inside?

nope i have the idea, except for the one dimension...if the inner dimensions on the piece heading out of the box is 37.5"w---what would the height equal on the inside?

The inside is 37.5" x 2".

ok i gotcha now....clear as crystal. thanx for all the help brotha
No problem man, glad to help.

BTW are you going with the dual 2ohm or dual 4 ohm subs?

Also, I'd put an angle in the port bend and round the inner corner to get better air flow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.