need some help with a car

04_edge
10+ year member

iPhail.
Rowlett, TX
so my friends car all of a sudden started acting weird today...when he goes to start his car there is a loud clicking noise, and the engine doesnt turn over at all...also all the electronic stuff is acting wierd as well...i dont think the battery is dead...any ideas?

Check the battery terminals, maybe give them a good cleaning/sanding/wirebrushing and tighten them back down. Make sure theres no massive corrosion on the battery cables and that the cables are fairly intact.

I'd check the battery again . Give it a jump and see what happens .
actually i started thinking that maybe the battery has enough power to run everything else, but just not to turn it over...sure enough thats what it was.....

it was acting really wierd though, ive never seen anything like that before...

if its a clicking noise its going to be a problem with your starter solenoid or the started or the batt itself. like eveyone else said check the batt first then start looking into a starter and noid if the problem continues

Notwithstanding some of the ridiculous responses here, I'd agree with everyone who's thinking it's the battery. Or the starter.

My VW Bug exhibited similar symptoms some months ago; it turned out to be the starter bendix. You can take some steps to troubleshoot: can you start the car with a push? (only if it's a stick shift). Have you tried putting in a battery you know that works from another car? Also, clean out the batt contacts like others have mentioned.

actually i started thinking that maybe the battery has enough power to run everything else, but just not to turn it over...sure enough thats what it was.....
it was acting really wierd though, ive never seen anything like that before...
Read, fvcktards... He solved the problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.