Need some help/Recommendations

carrisalez97

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello everybody, I'm relatively new to car audio only know some things and have wired some stuff before. I was looking into getting an Epicenter or one of the knockoffs from other brands because I listen to a good amount of Mexican music and it's just straight lacking bass. Currently, I have a Pioneer head unit, AVH-A215BT, Pioneer sub, TS-D12D2, and a Massive Audio amp, BP1000.1 V2. I had it all installed by an audio shop along with tint, the main thing I'm getting at is can I just buy any "Bass Restorer" and it's just plug and play, or do I have to do/know certain things in order to tune it? Thanks in advance. Don't have any pics of the setup but I can post some if needed.

Hello everybody, I'm relatively new to car audio only know some things and have wired some stuff before. I was looking into getting an Epicenter or one of the knockoffs from other brands because I listen to a good amount of Mexican music and it's just straight lacking bass. Currently, I have a Pioneer head unit, AVH-A215BT, Pioneer sub, TS-D12D2, and a Massive Audio amp, BP1000.1 V2. I had it all installed by an audio shop along with tint, the main thing I'm getting at is can I just buy any "Bass Restorer" and it's just plug and play, or do I have to do/know certain things in order to tune it? Thanks in advance. Don't have any pics of the setup but I can post some if needed.

What box is your sub in? How many watts is your sub amp? Is your sub dual 4 ohm or dual 2 ohm?

As Bobby asked.. What Enclosure is your Sub in? Ported or sealed.. and What type of Vehicle? Pics would help.. What is your Supply for the Demand in the vehicle? Size wire and type? Stock alternator or HO, and Size and Type Battery?

id check and see if they set the amp gain right.

heres how to do it. test tones are at the very bottom...

Thanks in advance.
The amp and sub are a bad combination. That sub is dual 2 Ohms. It can be wired to 4 Ohms in series or 1 Ohm in parallel. The amp can only go to 2 Ohms lowest, which at 2 Ohms it puts out 455 watts. So I think your sub was wired at 4 Ohms to protect the amp, which would give you ~225 watts. I suggest a different amp that can play at 1 Ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...