Looking for a little help/recommendations

Participant count
  • Participant list

Zero1320

CarAudio.com Newbie
SoFlo
Hey ya'll. Looking for recommendations on install. I will be using an Android tablet for my head unit. My vehicle has 3 sets of speakers: Dash tweeters, 4 door mids, and then my sub. Currently running a mono amp to the sub and a 4 chan to the mids. Whats the best way to run the tweeters? Should I just tap into a set of mids and use an inline bass blocker for the tweeters? Should I pick up an aftermarket xover and install between the door set and tweeters? Do I need to pick up another piece of equipment thats better to run between? Its not a comp vehicle, just a DD, but still want clean sound. Thanks

DSP is the way to go then. Tons of options out there from 150 bucks for the cheaper Daytons to ones from Helix, Audiocontrol and a few others as well that can run from 300 dollars for a stand alone DSP like the Dayton to ones with built in 4-8 channel amplifiers as well that cost anywhere from 600 up to 2k. All depends on the budget. Lots of them are BNIB or lightly used over at DIYMA for sale all the time as well. A lot of information over there on DSP's compared to here.

A fairly basic dsp and running the rear speakers off if head unit power or ditching them all together to open up 2 channels on the amp would likely be the cheapest way.

A 6 channel or additional 2 channel would allow you to amp all 6 drivers.

Personally I hate having full range drivers behind me

Thanks guys. I do have another amp sitting here, its just probably too much power for the tweeters. Currently running a JL1000 for the sub JL300/4 for mids, thinking the JL500 would be overkill. Though I suppose if I spend the money on a DSP, it would be the same as getting another smaller amp.

I will if the vehicle has a back seat. For Passengers to get something in the mix rather than just Bass, Fader works great to eliminate the use if no one riding in the rear

If running components up front then you will need a nice sized four channel. I love my four channel amp. Crescendo S4.

Sorry to spam your thread but if you are in the market for a DSP
I got a mint in the box Dayton DSP-408 with Bluetooth module
and a Mosconi 6to8 V8 I might be parting with a couple 6 channel amps too..

Sorry to spam your thread but if you are in the market for a DSP
I got a mint in the box Dayton DSP-408 with Bluetooth module
and a Mosconi 6to8 V8 I might be parting with a couple 6 channel amps too..

I tried the Dayton and realized that I was too old for it after I roasted some tweets. GLWS!

Well lets say I was running the tablet and 3 amps, would I use something more along the lines of a line output converter so that I would be able to hook up the 8 rcas? IF I had an actually HU, yes, I could just use the HU's power to the rear set of doors.

Edit: Suppose I can make a 3.5mm to an 6 RCA distribution block.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...