Need some help guys.

mistagstacka
10+ year member

hopefully you guys won't have a hard time figuring this out for me. my system was a Planet Audio VX1400D and an AA Havoc 18. well, about a month ago i was going to work. all of a sudden i heard a loud thump from my stereo. now i didnt even have the bass turned on with my eq. a minute or so later another thump. so i tried turned the bass up on the eq and nothing was happening. got to work and checked my fuse and it was blown.

so i get another fuse and put it in. as soon as i turned the cd player on my sub would **** in and go thump....thump...thump....

now my amp is in protect mode even with the sub unhooked so i know its fried. so i got my bro's amp and hooked it up to a diff sub, a RF P2 15. when i turned the cd player on the sub wouldnt **** in but it would go crazy. it would make noise then nothing then pop then nothing then make noise, really weird to describe so i shut it off immediatly.

i think my HU is bad. does that sound right? i dont know much about this stuff so i hope you guys can help me out.

wow, thanks for the fast responses guys. i really appreciate it. i always had problems out of that cd player. never could turn it up. always skipped bad. u can tap the dash and it would skip. i will try what you guys suggested. anyone else want to chime in?

yeah, it was in there pretty good man. i'm hoping my wife gets me a new one for christmas. i was hoping my problem here is with the cd player since i may be getting a new one. since you guys suggested checking the ground and rca's and stuff i may just re-wire it while im off on christmas vacation from work. any other suggestions?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.