need louder more bone crushing bass from subwoofers

i currently have 3 alpine type r subs running off 3 820 watt pioneer amps in a 1990 geo tracker. now the alpines have a sealed box with 1 cubic ft each. but i am wanting a better subwoofer and am possibly thinking of getting rockford fosgate power t2's but am wondering if there are something better than those

Whats the model of the amps? I doubt you can power over 1000 watts in that car with out needing to upgrade the electrical. As for the T2s they are very low on the good sub list.

you'd be surprised what more power (fully powered subs) and a good ported box can do. I'll put 100 dollars that 2 type Rs in a custom ported box/4th order box with a good 2k+ rms amp will totally and completely crush your current setup. Then again, type Rs are just mediocre subs, Look into getting 15s if you want bone crushing bass or a pair of beefy 12s and NO rockford alpine and kicker are no where near competition level.

Sub Woofers - SSA STORE look around this site, this is a step in the right direction if you want serious guns. DC audio, FI audio, and

HDC 4.0 Series Subwoofers one best loud subs for the price right now, but your gonna need a 3k rms amp or better.

i would suggest you have a box designed for 2 of you Rs ported. get a decent quality 1000-1500w amp

that should get pretty loud and has potentail to sound good,,, not bone crushing- not even sure what that means.

that would be a cheap way of getting good output- thats assuming your not wanting to seriously upgrade your electrical, with a few batteries in the back.

budget will dictate build

which model type r's do you have? the 2012 latest gen model rated 1000 watts rms or the previous versions? my 2012 type r's are sweet and they sound great and never get distorted. i have them in a ported box and running off a crescendo bc2000. i would like to sell them though and purchase an SSA XCON to save weight in my trunk

your amps are not all that you need to sell the amps and the extra sub get a good 2k+ amp ask for good ones when you have a decent budget get one of use to build you a beastly box then get ready for some real nice lows.

Those type R's are capable of getting plenty loud if you have a professional build you a box. Not sure how your amps are, but as has been said, you'll need some upgrades to your electrical system before you can run a true 2000-3000W safely.

i have a commercial battery with 1190 cold cranking amps but only a stock 55 amp alternator that suprisinlgy hasnt fried yet and is still working. i know i need a bigger box for the alpines but i also know i can get better subs than the alpines.

the model number for the pioneer amps are gm 5500t and i am possibly thinking of upgrading those to rockford amps. pioneer was just a budget i was working with i used with money i saved on quiting smoking cigarettes.

the model number for the pioneer amps are gm 5500t and i am possibly thinking of upgrading those to rockford amps. pioneer was just a budget i was working with i used with money i saved on quiting smoking cigarettes.
You need to listen and get a better box for those type r subs. They are good subs but a singke cub3 sealed isnt going to make an6 speaker loud

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.