need louder more bone crushing bass from subwoofers

Get rid of the amps they are garbage amps that don't sound good my friend had a couple and changed subs and everything but i kept telling him he was fighting a losing battle with them amps. Def build yourself a new box first. them alpines can get nasty a bit in the right box. i ran the last model 10" r's (4 of them) it slammed!

Get rid of the amps they are garbage amps that don't sound good my friend had a couple and changed subs and everything but i kept telling him he was fighting a losing battle with them amps. Def build yourself a new box first. them alpines can get nasty a bit in the right box. i ran the last model 10" r's (4 of them) it slammed!

Did everyone miss the fact that he has a 55amp alt? He might have 15 amps to spare from that, meaning no more than 250W of power. You NEED a bigger alternator and big 3 before you can even think about running a 2-3k system.

you'd be surprised what more power (fully powered subs) and a good ported box can do. I'll put 100 dollars that 2 type Rs in a custom ported box/4th order box with a good 2k+ rms amp will totally and completely crush your current setup. Then again, type Rs are just mediocre subs, Look into getting 15s if you want bone crushing bass or a pair of beefy 12s and NO rockford alpine and kicker are no where near competition level.
Sub Woofers - SSA STORE look around this site, this is a step in the right direction if you want serious guns. DC audio, FI audio, and

HDC 4.0 Series Subwoofers one best loud subs for the price right now, but your gonna need a 3k rms amp or better.
^^^THIS.... type r's in a good box will get down pretty good for what they are. ill give them a little better then a mediocre grade tho. on 2k OP you be very happy with the difference

Did everyone miss the fact that he has a 55amp alt? He might have 15 amps to spare from that, meaning no more than 250W of power. You NEED a bigger alternator and big 3 before you can even think about running a 2-3k system.
nevermind i didnt see that part

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.