need input on 6.5 component's

cam91z

mo
I'm thinking its time to upgrade the door speakers on my 06 Gto. I'm ready for more highs. I've been out of the car audio stuff for a little while now. Not to sure what to get. I have some ideas. In my camaro I have the old MB quart premiums. But I think I'm wanting to get away from the titanium tweeters. I like them but, need a change in sound. I listen to mainly hard rock / metal. But I do also listen to some country and 80's and rap. I have Polk rtiA's for home stuff. I really like the sound of those but for metal, they can't seem to pull it off for me. The closest shop in town that I can listen to speakers has jl, Memphis, focal and something else.

I have a set of BNIB Hertz HSK 165's for $325 shipped. Can't beat them for the price. I listen to the same types of music and that's why I got these. They are crazy loud while still keeping all the fidelity and clarity you want. Just need to make sure you have an amp that can push them. No point in running them without an amp

There are a lot of good speakers in that range, Morel, PHD, Focal, and JL. I would recommend going through the reviews section here and checking out some reviews on some speakers to see if people feel they fit your needs.

I've been reading about cdt and image dynamics. Few years back I was thinking about picking up some rainbow germs. The bad thing is there isn't any dealers here for any of those.

If you like Image Dynamics, I have a component set that is the mids from the CX64 set, the $300 set and the tweeters and crossover from a set of Alpine SPX17PRO's. Sounds amazing and loud also. I can do these for $200 shipped

I've been reading about cdt and image dynamics. Few years back I was thinking about picking up some rainbow germs. The bad thing is there isn't any dealers here for any of those.
Maybe take a look into Morel and PHD, I've always enjoyed Morel components, and PHD has yet to let me down, I also won't benefit from you buying a set since you are outside my dealer area.

Thanks for the input... I think I've narrowed it down to the hsk 165 or the image dynamics xs65? Any input on similarities or differences between them. Or maybe what music they perform better with?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.