Need ideas for a build.

Whats the goal here?
sound quality

or.....

Omg what did I just... I dont even lol! Nice.

wow lots of great replies, thanks! I understood most of that and im still sifting through all the replies and making sense of some. Its like a whole other language... I have little to no knowledge of audio systems.

Your replies gave me all kinds of things to think about as soon as I figure out the language your speaking XD

Yes this is a van but I am actually going to sound proof it.

Its a custom build from the ground up. Not for competition though just for my own use.

The sound systems im used too are low level factory auto systems, nothing special.

I dont crank the sound... But every system ive ever had distorts and kills speakers at even a moderate level of volume.

The music I listen too ive been listening too for many years and every now and then I have a chance to play it on a better audio system and I hear aspects of the music I never knew existed.

Thats what im looking for... A system that lets me hear all those details in the music nice and clearly.

Also has decent bass... But not... Quite... What I just heard in that clip lmao.

I like a good solid bass though.

As for as volume... As I said I dont really crank it. But lets say im outside the van ldoing something and I want to hear it loud and clear. Something like that... Most audio ive had crashes long before you can hear it outside the vehicle.

CD/DVD? Idk... I put all my tunes on usb drives... So seems a little redundant.

I would like the ability to play from usb, 3.5 and hmmmm anything else lol

Bluetooth phone options.

Internal music memory if it exists to put a playlist directly on the HU.

Built in device charging?

Display screen... Like the new vehicles. That show all your music info, gps other media. Like a multimedia display?

So far the ideas here all sound great im looking into all of them now!

if you don't want your speakers to fart and rattle you need a good processor headunit to filter your signal and amps to match your speakers. (or a crossover but I'd rather skip that and have control from my headunit)

you wanna hear you music being next to your van? how does 1000 feet away sound? cuz that's what you'll get if you skip car speakers and go straight to pro loudspeakers. basically a club/concert on wheels..im talking about speakers like B&C, eminence, beyma, faital pro, hertz. You probably never heard of them before but trust me they are the real, nothing made specifically for cars will get as loud and play as clear.

a properly powered and tuned system will play at 99% volume with no distortion.

3.5 *****, USB is better. bluetooth is a nono.

you either get your fancy screen or audiophile sound.

Omg what did I just... I dont even lol! Nice.
wow lots of great replies, thanks! I understood most of that and im still sifting through all the replies and making sense of some. Its like a whole other language... I have little to no knowledge of audio systems.

Your replies gave me all kinds of things to think about as soon as I figure out the language your speaking XD

Yes this is a van but I am actually going to sound proof it.

Its a custom build from the ground up. Not for competition though just for my own use.

The sound systems im used too are low level factory auto systems, nothing special.

I dont crank the sound... But every system ive ever had distorts and kills speakers at even a moderate level of volume.

The music I listen too ive been listening too for many years and every now and then I have a chance to play it on a better audio system and I hear aspects of the music I never knew existed.

Thats what im looking for... A system that lets me hear all those details in the music nice and clearly.

Also has decent bass... But not... Quite... What I just heard in that clip lmao.

I like a good solid bass though.

As for as volume... As I said I dont really crank it. But lets say im outside the van ldoing something and I want to hear it loud and clear. Something like that... Most audio ive had crashes long before you can hear it outside the vehicle.

CD/DVD? Idk... I put all my tunes on usb drives... So seems a little redundant.

I would like the ability to play from usb, 3.5 and hmmmm anything else lol

Bluetooth phone options.

Internal music memory if it exists to put a playlist directly on the HU.

Built in device charging?

Display screen... Like the new vehicles. That show all your music info, gps other media. Like a multimedia display?

So far the ideas here all sound great im looking into all of them now!

So your chevy astro, you might want to give up on having a touchscreen or gps because it only shows single din head units fitting. Unless you want to cut stuff up then thats fine too. The difference between a normal touch screen head unit and a gps head unit is roughly 300-500 dollars.

Do you have the patience to learn how to properly setup and tune a supreme sound quality setup or do you want something extremely easy to setup?

How much space are you working with and what make and model is the vehicle? I'd recommend swapping out stock speakers for aftermarket, two 12s in trunk with enclosure, powerful amplifier, and double din head unit. BUT I can't go into detail until I know the vehicle. With that budget you're car will sound amazing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ok so I can skip the gps/touch screen.

I do have the patience to setup and tune a system... To a degree lol. I mean im saying im technically inclined but have nothing to compare it too.

The vehicle is a 98 chevy astro van. I could rig it up pretty much any way that works. I can/have built custom speaker boxes so... Thats on the table. Ive installed basic H/U, amp, speakers in the past with no odea what I was doing. They worked great but I have no idea to this day if I did it right... Just seemed self explanitory at the time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.