Need ideas for a build.

Echo

Canada
Im starting on an auto build and want something interesting for audio. I figured why not ask here, from the people that know audio!

My budget is $3000-$4000 total...or less.

I want one of those fancy display screens, blue tooth, hands free calling, cd (perhaps)

3.5 and usb input, Usb charging, built in memory, mp3, and the ability to connect to steering wheel controls.

I generally dont crank the volume BUT I want the option to crank it a bit without distortion.

I DO want depth and quality of sound.

Sorry I dont know much about audio in general but I can build speaker boxes and do installs myself.

Wondering what is new for 2016-2017?

Complete system, H/U, amp, speakers?

Doesnt have to be fancy, just reliable and decent quality for the $$

Thanks!

Its a 98 chevy astro van nothing fancy.

Im pretty much rebuilding it from the ground up into a whole new beast all together.

How far into Canada are you? You could probably save a bundle on taxes if you came to the states to pick everything up.

I don't know what goes on for in-dash multimedia players these days, I have a rather old Kenwood single DIN that I really like and if it breaks I'll probably try to find another one since I absolutely love the display on it.

Might look at Incriminator if you're buying in Canada. I'm pretty sure they distribute up there and you'll get solid quality anywhere in their lineup, if a little on the pricey side. I'm sure DD is available up there too. Seems you have the budget and you can't go wrong with their equipment either.

If you want to stick to more mainstream brands, I'm a big fan of JBL lineup. Not sure if they have any big amps anymore, but their speakers are always solid performers for their price point and they should have a good selection of lower powered multichannel amps

Hey Jeff...he said he wanted in depth and SQ.

I'd say 4 15's....Sundown Audio 4 x-15v2 walled. With a 10k-12k amp. Or 2 6k-8k amps. Twisted Sounds amps.

Assorted speakers...batteries and a HO alt.

Well I think any SQ system doesn't need to be loud, because you lose sound quality the louder you go at close distance no matter what you do..SQ belongs in a vibro dampened, soundproofed luxury car imho.

I think what OP wants is a loud playing system that also plays clean. Seeing how it's an astro van, I don't think he's gonna spend the time soundproofing it all, in which case full SQ doesn't make sense, in a van? nahh.

Depends if you wanna build around your subs or the other way around.

I decided to go for music first and bass later. Look at some 8 inch mids that play to like 5khz and are in the 95db sensitivity range. With some good amps, you will be able to put on a show for the whole street.

A few sets of 8" mids in each door, dedicated 10 inch midbasses, some tweeters and subs will do the trick just fine.
Unless you wanna go full SQ, that's ghey.
full "Sound Quantity" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

full "Sound Quantity" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
What do you mean? Too many speakers?? yeah I agree leave out the 5.25. Those are used in SQ to add midrange notes.

it's either 2 way or 3 way with a dedicated midbass.

OP do you wanna be able to do

? you'd be surprised at what these pro loudspeakers can do in an open space..when I say pro, I actually mean pro. none of that mobile line car stuff. This is pure sound. Beyma, FP, 18 sound, im leaving out a bunch. Forget all that fancy stuff. The best speakers will be black and unsuspecting looking //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

just throw some 6x9 on the front doors, seems to be all the rave these days. should slap with an xlod sub. oh and make sure to get some $700 crossover.

oh wait. that's what NOT to do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.