Need helps gaining some db!

Bakesbaked
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey there I have two fi 18 qs on a saz 3500 @ 1phm and a pioneer 4400 bt hu. I was hitting 147.5 on the metter the other day and was just didapointed in the number. I really wanted to break 150. At first it was 145 but we pushed the box forward in my tahoe to leave more room for the port. Only issue is this is my daily driver and I have about an inch of clearance in the back and none up front unless I fold the second row down.

What are ways to raise the db levels? Higher pre amp voltage? I have the room ontop to add a third 18 and the room for a few more batts to support a 5k. Any ideas? Or just rebuild the box? Which is 19cubes @30 hz

I saw the box in ur other thread. Port looks really small for cubic feet...my port for my 2 12s looks bigger ..time for a new box ...pay for a good design ...theres some designers on here and dcarcustoms over at maf.com

Hm.... I was previously doing a 147.6 on 30 sec music average(not even a burp), with 1 Hdc3 18 in i think 5 cubes net after port and sub displacement, and planet audio bb2400.1. Something is terribly wrong here.

Can some one come up with a quick box fix with out having to make a new box? Port length width. And or shortening the box? I can still pull that box apart. Just time consuming but I have about used every last penny in my funds for this. Only things that are free is a the table saw and the drill. So if I can come up with a quick fix that would be nice. And I used win isd on my computer to figure it out. So I didn't expect it to be an issue:

Like shave 6 inches off on one side putting me at 16 cubes.

Shouldn't I be up to the upper 150s though with this equipment? Put the box aside. I thought that these woofers on this power are fully capable in 150s. I just want to know what I'm aiming for.

Like shave 6 inches off on one side putting me at 16 cubes.
Shouldn't I be up to the upper 150s though with this equipment? Put the box aside. I thought that these woofers on this power are fully capable in 150s. I just want to know what I'm aiming for.
Your trippin if your thinkin upper 150s. Once you get into the 150s, even 1 db is hard to gain. Look up "soundqubed the black nasty" on YouTube. It's a 160 on music vehicle. See what it takes to get that loud. You should be able to hit 150 though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.