Need helping choosing speakers

Wasup guys I have a jeep grand cherokee with 2 6x9s in the front and 2 6.5s in the rear i just bought a new Sony radio not to long ago it legitimatlly puts out 40 watts per channel.. The radio is sony mex-xb100bt and yes it really does put out 40 watts per channel has a built in amp. I'm looking to get speakers that will take that power and still be loud and have good bass.. Any help would be appreciated and I also want to match the speakers like for example 4 Rockford speakers...

The problem I'm having is most speakers are like 60 to 100 watts and the radio only puts out 40 watts so finding speakers is hard bc I want the speakers to sound the best and not be underpowered.

You want to use the factory sizes... maybe look at these?.. the 6 1/2" is 50 rms per speaker... the 6x9 is 60 rms per speaker... they're kinda beefy too for the price (check depth) I was surprised at their weight... have a silk tweeter so they are not overly harsh sounding... they sound surprisingly good and mid-bassy for coax, I got some for my son as well... I got them in 3 days shipped free and couldn't be happier... I'm pretty insane when it comes to volume... and they hang right in there... under-powering tho... IDK... There are so many other options out there... but IMO these are pretty good... $100 for both sets is not bad...

https://www.skaraudio.com/collections/tx-series/products/tx65

https://www.skaraudio.com/collections/tx-series/products/tx69

There is an Ebay store that free ships everything... "Caraudiodistributors"... I think...

There are so many other options out there...
thats what ive run into also. kinda makes choosing something difficult. When i posed a similar question, i got some positive reviews of the hi-vi brand. If i remember correctly, they OEM for some of the swan speakers

Wasup guys I have a jeep grand cherokee with 2 6x9s in the front and 2 6.5s in the rear i just bought a new Sony radio not to long ago it legitimatlly puts out 40 watts per channel.. The radio is sony mex-xb100bt and yes it really does put out 40 watts per channel has a built in amp. I'm looking to get speakers that will take that power and still be loud and have good bass.. Any help would be appreciated and I also want to match the speakers like for example 4 Rockford speakers...
yeah sounds like speakers can't handle the power (if hu has hp xover on it set it at 60hz or o see if that helps with distortion) if not u maybe need a 4 or 5 channel amp and 1 10-12" sealed sub so u can amp speakers with hp over and let sub play the bass.. if hu has xover use that and get mono amp and sub to make up bass.

Getting low distortion bass from speakers and not a subwoofer in an enclosure means efficiency goes down. How do the factory speakers sound on the Sony radio?

I would take advantage of the 6x9 opening and make a baffle to accomodate a 6.5" comp set up front, and not worry so much about the back/rear as most of your sound comes from up front.

You gotta budget for speakers?

My budget is under 200 so I think that's a decent budget and the factory speakers are decent but yes they distort extremely bad I have infinity stock speakers so there not bad or anything and also I have my Sony Hu on 80hz hpf due to bass sounding like straight up ***.. What about Rockford Fosgate punch speakers? They go up to 75 watts rms but my head unit can only put out 40 watts per speaker. This is going to sound crazy but I have 4 6x8s in a 3 cf box with a custom port going to a Rockford Fosgate 250x4 puts out 40 watts per channel for some reason I can't turn the amp up past 3 bc at the point the speakers are distorting lol so I'm guessing it's max is level 3. But I'm not sure why if the speakers can handle 75 watts and the amp is only putting out 40 watts per channel

[quote name='Jeepsandbass']My budget is under 200 so I think that's a decent budget and the factory speakers are decent but yes they distort extremely bad I have infinity stock speakers so there not bad or anything and also I have my Sony Hu on 80hz hpf due to bass sounding like straight up ***.. What about Rockford Fosgate punch speakers? They go up to 75 watts rms but my head unit can only put out 40 watts per speaker. This is going to sound crazy but I have 4 6x8s in a 3 cf box with a custom port going to a Rockford Fosgate 250x4 puts out 40 watts per channel for some reason I can't turn the amp up past 3 bc at the point the speakers are distorting lol so I'm guessing it's max is level 3. But I'm not sure why if the speakers can handle 75 watts and the amp is only putting out 40 watts per channel[/QUOTE]

God no. Lets get ya some real help in here @Jeffdachef

Lol I plan on replacing the 6x8s another time with some 8 in or 10 in mid bass speakers I know running 4 6x8s in a box is stupid but it's all I had and it works great surprisingly but the amp situation Idk tbh about that.

I would sell off 1/2 of what you got and start all over honestly. 6x8 speakers don't belong in a subwoofer type enclosure with a port. A decent sub is what you need....doesn't have to be an expensive one either.

Point taken one more question for you man i bought my Gf a pioneer avh-x7800bt and she loves it and I love it it has time alignment and kinds of other sound options would you recommend it over the sony? I mean 40 watts really isn't that much anyways and I already have a amp that I could put on the speakers.

I think that might be a good HU (sony). Pretty sure Jeff has mentioned it many times. I'm not sure what features it has with it tho...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.