Which car speakers best to support bass?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I got a 12 inch powered Rockford subwoofer and its really fu*king good but I have factory stereo and factory speakers. The speakers are sounding like they are gonna blow out if I continue hearing music and there is no setting to make all the bass come from subwoofer rather than my door speakers. Which car speakers are best and can handle loud music. 6.5 inch speaker by the way. Thank you.

I would think the stock system should perform adequately without the inclusions of inline resistors (bass blockers). If your stock speakers, being driven off your stock headunit (or stock amp) are being over driven when pushing your subs to the audible point you desire, then dial back the h/u's volume knob a bit until the stock speakers are not distorting, and adjust the subwoofer amplifier's gain (higher) to compensate. Or take the next logical step in the car audio hobby, and look into aftermarket front stage speakers. Sound deadening your front doors is always good advice as well.

I got a 12 inch powered Rockford subwoofer and its really fu*king good but I have factory stereo and factory speakers. The speakers are sounding like they are gonna blow out if I continue hearing music and there is no setting to make all the bass come from subwoofer rather than my door speakers. Which car speakers are best and can handle loud music. 6.5 inch speaker by the way. Thank you.
get a hu that has hp xovers so speakers don't distort my kenwood was like $119 has 13 band eq and xovers and like 30 more audio settins as well as bt, usb even comes with microphone

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.