Need helping choosing speakers

Alright well I just take the 6x8s out and put 2 6x9s and 2 6.5s in the doors so any recommendations for some decent speakers for the sony head unit would be helpful. Or 4 6.5s doesnt matter I probably add a sub and amp next month.

My budget is under 200 so I think that's a decent budget and the factory speakers are decent but yes they distort extremely bad I have infinity stock speakers so there not bad or anything and also I have my Sony Hu on 80hz hpf due to bass sounding like straight up ***.. What about Rockford Fosgate punch speakers? They go up to 75 watts rms but my head unit can only put out 40 watts per speaker. This is going to sound crazy but I have 4 6x8s in a 3 cf box with a custom port going to a Rockford Fosgate 250x4 puts out 40 watts per channel for some reason I can't turn the amp up past 3 bc at the point the speakers are distorting lol so I'm guessing it's max is level 3. But I'm not sure why if the speakers can handle 75 watts and the amp is only putting out 40 watts per channel
Any kind of distortion is CLIPPING. your amp cant put out enough power so it starts putting out dirty power when you overdrive it past 120% Quickest way to a speaker death.... This is why people put 150 watts to 100 rms speakers. Head room and clean power is a must. 40 watts aint jack sh*t especially if you have inefficient speakers like stocks and rockfords. If you want loud for your current power, you need high sensitivity speakers.

lets just say a single pair of my high sensitivity 6.5s on 450 watts each is louder than a car with EIGHT 6x9s PER door.

My speakers are rated for 100 db sensitivity while the other speakers are 88 db sensitivity. Watts dont matter at all when choosing speakers. cone material, frequency response along with sensitive ratings is what determine's a speaker's worth. Rockford is meh at best. spending 200 dollars on rockford 6x9s is money down the drain imo.

Your mids and highs setup is a complete mess. I'd recommend just selling stuff and starting over and get a 4 channel amp with at least 125+ watts per channel.

If you can fit 8s in the front, cut and fit 8s. This is my buddy's jeep patriot doors with basic cuts with a knife. Get a quality pair of tweeters and put a lot of power to your front stage. Forget the rear, thats just power wasted and sound quality/loudness down the drain. Completely stupid waste of time and money. You may think it helps but dude take it from a guy that actually NEEDs his music way louder than you can ever imagine, Rears are garbage.

19727332_1090990651034653_618440409_o.jpg

Then what speakers should I look into getting?
If you can fit an 8 thats priced PER speaker

UN-8 8" Loudspeaker - Crescendo Audio

if not

UN-65 6.5" Loudspeaker - Crescendo Audio

this is priced for a pair. They keep up with my 4 18s, need to throw 150 watts to them though, comes with their own inline crossover

https://www.amazon.com/Massive-Audio-CT2-Tweeter-Surface/dp/B00NBC25UM

As for your amp, Get this. bridge 4 of the 6 channels into two channel mode for the mids so they get 300+ watts per speaker and the remaining 2 channels are for the tweeters. this will get you WAY louder than you'll ever need, basically capable to handle any sub setup you might have down in the far future.

https://www.ctsounds.com/products/at-150-6d

Quality over quantity

Your mids and highs setup is a complete mess. I'd recommend just selling stuff and starting over and get a 4 channel amp with at least 125+ watts per channel.
If you can fit 8s in the front, cut and fit 8s. This is my buddy's jeep patriot doors with basic cuts with a knife. Get a quality pair of tweeters and put a lot of power to your front stage. Forget the rear, thats just power wasted and sound quality/loudness down the drain. Completely stupid waste of time and money. You may think it helps but dude take it from a guy that actually NEEDs his music way louder than you can ever imagine, Rears are garbage.

19727332_1090990651034653_618440409_o.jpg
I see diff screws used for them mids //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif btw, where's the tweeters?

I see diff screws used for them mids //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif btw, where's the tweeters?
lol he wanted to see which color looked better. I told him black but he wanted silver..... i dont know lmaooo. Tweeters on the sail panel on axis sounded best. Sounded like garbage on/off axis anywhere on the doors/sail panels.

lol he wanted to see which color looked better. I told him black but he wanted silver..... i dont know lmaooo. Tweeters on the sail panel on axis sounded best. Sounded like garbage on/off axis anywhere on the doors/sail panels.
Ahh....the silver def stands out. I guess either doesn't matter but one person to the next may have diff opinion.

@Jeffdacheff just ordered the CT sounds 150.6 should be here in September but I need to know if the speakers will have any midbass? Or do you know a pair of 6x9s out there that can use 150 watts? My next buy is of course the 2 massive audio tweets you recommended, 2 crescendo 6.5s and hopefully 2 6x9s.

@Jeffdachef f just ordered the CT sounds 150.6 should be here in September but I need to know if the speakers will have any midbass? Or do you know a pair of 6x9s out there that can use 150 watts? My next buy is of course the 2 massive audio tweets you recommended, 2 crescendo 6.5s and hopefully 2 6x9s.
no speaker will have midbass unless in a properly treated door

In my buddy's door its fully deadened, sealed all gaps, with fiberglass insulation coated in plastic drop cloth to absorb the rear wave. Thats the minimum to get midbass.

6x9s are garbage plain and simple none get loud.

Sadly I can't fit 8s as there is no mounting location on the door basically everything is covered up so there is no where to cut a hole :/ so should I buy 4 or 2 of the 6.5s if I buy 4 the sound would obviously be better as I'm getting the sound from more directions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.