Need Help With Installing A Double Din In My 2012 Acura TSX

Dougie1009

CarAudio.com Newbie
Apr 2, 2021
Sunset Beach
The Radio In My Tsx Has 5 Plugs 1 is antenna. But When I Hook Up My Double Din, It Disconnects My A.C Visual were I can't see what I have My a.c settings on

Dougie1009

CarAudio.com Newbie
Apr 2, 2021
Sunset Beach
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, My A.c Heat And Adjust Meant Are Buttons But There Is A Lil Screen That Shows What Mode Its In, If The a.c is on and what temp it's on

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite
Mar 27, 2019
Wisconsin
There is special kits you have to buy for that kind of install but they are expensive iirc. Check out Sonicelectronix.com and Crutchfield. Last time I did something like that it was in a Honda and the kit to do it was around 200-250 dollars as it replaces that entire setup.

Dougie1009

CarAudio.com Newbie
Apr 2, 2021
Sunset Beach
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Your talking about the display for the HVAC going to the screen at the top.
On your stock setup did your radio display on that screen as well?
Which harness did you use to put the new HU in with
Was it this one
http://www.metraonline.com/part/70-1730
It didn't show on the radio and no I got the harness you plug in and wire up that one uses av Jack's for speakers

Kickstand

CarAudio.com Well Known
Jan 1, 2021
Maple Ridge
If your radio stations or track list or anything stereo related didn't show up in that screen then its probably wired directly from the HVAC controls to the screen. In that case I would double check all the plugs are connected properly
If they did show up then it ran though the radio first and I my best guess would be that its the wrong harness
Without knowing what exact parts you used its hard to give you a definite answer

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds