Need help with custom vented box for 12" sub

Participant count
  • Participant list
if i was you id just do one 6" port for now 

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

round port
Changing the comma doesn't fit it though :eek:

Edit: 1 6" will make the area per square feet 14 which is on the high side, and it will also never make me able to reach 35 hz unless it's 26 inches long.

yEW0EGh.png

[quote name='Aygodriver1212']I fill in the same stuff but somehow my numbers on the right hand seem messed up.
What the hell is this lol. I get different results filling in the same thing. @papermaker @Jeffdachef
The port area per foot is different and net / gross are in the wrong place?
I exactly copied your numbers here to start.
What the hell lol.

Edit: it also edits the square port area, makes it pretty inaccurate...

lel.png
[/QUOTE]

you might need to reinstall buddy LOL That gross and net thing looks bad.

You'll get different numbers because you checked sub up so the different values are from that.

you might need to reinstall buddy LOL That gross and net thing looks bad.
You'll get different numbers because you checked sub up so the different values are from that.
I already tried re-installing. I think it's the program(version) itself.

Could you upload me your version, or are you using that same version?

It's much more inaccurate and it doesn't allow aero ports. Also it doesn't count sub volume.
If you have android smartphone you can look up xplicit ultimate car audio app. That one and torres gets similar numbers and should get you in the ballpark.

search for re audio box calculator
thats the worst one.

Do you have a link?
you'll have to torrent with piratebay and bittorent. or spend 100+ dollars on the actual software.

If you have android smartphone you can look up xplicit ultimate car audio app. That one and torres gets similar numbers and should get you in the ballpark.

thats the worst one.

you'll have to torrent with piratebay and bittorent. or spend 100+ dollars on the actual software.
Mate, I know I'm asking much. But could you look around if you could calculate a box tuned to around 34 hz?

Just stick to the dimensions and try to see if you can make it happen with the aero ports I described in the first post.

If you have a port suggestion I might be able to find something similar to the port you come up with.

Meanwhile I'll try the app. Thanks again.

Mate, I know I'm asking much. But could you look around if you could calculate a box tuned to around 34 hz?Just stick to the dimensions and try to see if you can make it happen with the aero ports I described in the first post.

If you have a port suggestion I might be able to find something similar to the port you come up with.

Meanwhile I'll try the app. Thanks again.
Not gonna work unless you can find a 5 inch aero. Most aeros are sized 4 inches and 6 inches. very rare is there anything in between. With 4, you'll have too little. With 6 you'll have too much and the length will never be long enough to have proper tuning.

Even with the 5, you'll probably have to up fire the port having the port stick up 5-10 inches from the boot towards the roof. Or side ported which means your box width has to be shortened by 4 inches to give the port room to breathe.

Not gonna work unless you can find a 5 inch aero. Most aeros are sized 4 inches and 6 inches. very rare is there anything in between. With 4, you'll have too little. With 6 you'll have too much and the length will never be long enough to have proper tuning.
Even with the 5, you'll probably have to up fire the port having the port stick up 5-10 inches from the boot towards the roof. Or side ported which means your box width has to be shortened by 4 inches to give the port room to breathe.
Can't I use 2 2,5"? This one is 66mm (about 2.6") https://www.conrad.nl/nl/buis-66-mm-buislengte-128-245-mm-1331997.html

one aero is best and loudest vs multiple aeros which may be worst than slot at that point.
But here's one with three 3" aeros which are easily accessible in the market.

yAKJZ.jpg
I might consider going for your slot design after all seeing how difficult it is to find the right port because my trunk just *****.

I just didn't really understand that port size you made up, 5.25 x 5.25.

Am I correct that this is what you mean by that:

kist4.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.