Is it the box or the sub?? Volume won't go higher... Is the port just too long?

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
I made the 2.0 cube at 31hz found on the basic box ideas on this forum for a pioneer 12" champion pro series sub. The sub is on a alpine MRX-m1000 1000 rms mono block alpine and the sub is wired to 2 ohms, the sub is 1000rms as well and 3500 watts peak The volume seems to go to a certain level max and then it simply sounds worse after, that seems to be the sweet spot. I raised the gain to see if maybe it needed more power and it reaches the sweet spot at a lower level of 20 so sooner but then drops or rolls of at about 23, the HU maxes at 35 so I still have plenty of room. Could my port be to long? Would cutting it shorter help??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e008bad54f4e9bcc8edac87836afd44e.jpg

It's prly the port. Your box is 1.70cubes tuned to 29hz with 18" of port per....
Could be I suppose , the print states 31hz and 2.0c , so what can I do to resolve this? Cutting the port back? If so, how much ??

They way u describe it not getting louder is either your maxing your amp out... Wired to 2ohm your prly rising to like 5-6phm and hardly making power... Or you could have to much port and your not building any pressure and it's just like free airing after a certain point.

I guess I could tune it and just let it do what it should but still feel that I should get a little more out of this sub and just wonder if the box is the culprit.

sounds like clipping

if you reach max ear output at volume 30, then turn the gain up and reach max ear output at 20, you are at max power output (all to the ear o meter)

tune higher, try changing orientation if you can. like sub up port back, or to side, or both back....

get different sub/amp.

that amp does power at 2ohm so you should be pushing the sub to its limits. especially because that sub wont like more than 1000w.

maybe your voltage is dropping super low. maybe bad connection on ground or power, or too little alt/battery.

my friend had a 1000w amp that would dip to 10.x on stock alt/battery. maybe you are dropping down low as well and not making as much power.

Hm, ground did cross my mind and I do have a volt meter here. That's easier than chopping port too so I'll start there - I'll get back to you all with results in a bit when ma gets home to help out with ma boy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.