Need help with box build for 4 xfl 1544 (new version Dvc 4 ohm)

Participant count
  • Participant list
So 1000 watts to each sub is going to be underpowering you think? These things will take 8000 rms to them??

I've learned the hard way that double the RMS is safe after rise. I have a single American Bass HD15" on a Taramps MD3000. It assures you that you are properly powering the sub and you aren't running the amp "balls to the walls."

Box rise in a bitch. I try to have double the power in amp that my subwoofers need to combat rise.
Damn well I payed 400 for these two audiopipes and I see the md8k is about 500ish.. I might sell them and get the taramps 8k .. or possibly buy 2 more apmns .... But I don't really want to run 4 amps ... I could really use a blueprint tho for this box if someone can help me out .

Damn well I payed 400 for these two audiopipes and I see the md8k is about 500ish.. I might sell them and get the taramps 8k .. or possibly buy 2 more apmns .... But I don't really want to run 4 amps ... I could really use a blueprint tho for this box if someone can help me out .

One MD8K would work fine as long as your electrical is up for it. What ohm would you be running them at? 1/2 or 2? Please, don't feel bad. I went from a $400 amp that wouldn't work for me to a $230 amp that tears my sub up. I changed sub amps three times before my install. And, every amp was brand new. Took a loss on the first two, but still worth it.

One MD8K would work fine as long as your electrical is up for it. What ohm would you be running them at? 1/2 or 2? Please, don't feel bad. I went from a $400 amp that wouldn't work for me to a $230 amp that tears my sub up. I changed sub amps three times before my install. And, every amp was brand new. Took a loss on the first two, but still worth it.
Well if I had the 8k it would be all 4 to it at .5 ohms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.