What ported design would you use for this driver? JL 13tw5-3

Participant count
  • Participant list

NSTALN
10+ year member

Dismember
I'm curious what you folks would design for a ported alignment...JL doesn't suggest one. I was thinking 1.5cf tuned around 28hz-30hz.

13TW5-3

Free Air Resonance (Fs): 27.52 Hz

Mechanical "Q" (Qms): 11.230

Electrical "Q" (Qes): 0.511

Total Speaker "Q" (Qts): 0.489

Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 59.47 litres

One-way, Linear Excursion (Xmax): 9.7 mm

Efficiency (1W/1m)**: 85.87 dB SPL

Effective Piston Area (Sd): 98.256 in2

Nominal Impedance: 3 ohm

Power Handling (continuous): 600W

Thanks!

The ideal ported box for a sealed box sub is always giant and tuned really low. (Ideal model: ~4cf 20fb)
Looking at it in WinISD -- Tuning lower than 35 doesn't gain you much with a box that small. It gives you slightly more output at 30 and lower (rolloff is already steep, so it's low either way), but noticeably less output at 45-50. Plus, the size of the port will become an issue if you're trying to keep the box small.

The ideal ported box for a sealed box sub is always giant and tuned really low. (Ideal model: ~4cf 20fb)
Looking at it in WinISD -- Tuning lower than 35 doesn't gain you much with a box that small. It gives you slightly more output at 30 and lower (rolloff is already steep, so it's low either way), but noticeably less output at 45-50. Plus, the size of the port will become an issue if you're trying to keep the box small.

Thank you for your input.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.