need help with box build for 2 18 fi btl n2 in avalanche.

plexlove

Senior VIP Member
missouri
Ok so i just picked up 2 fi btl n2 18s fully loaded and 2 dd m3 amps and have a few questions.

First...im building my enclosure in 2 days so need some help lol.

Its being built into my midgate and bed so space isnt an issue. I will have roughly 48" width 21” height and can go 5ft back if need be. So im wondering what type of enclosure would be best for these. Figure tunong to round 32hz.

I dont know how to figure out port area lol and dont know how many cubes i will need for these to shine.

Next question. These r dual 1s. So if i ran an amp per sub id have to run it at .5 or 2ohms so i was wondering about strapping them and how that works? If i strap them can i run them together at 1ohm? If so please explain how this works.

Thanks for any help/advice guys!

go here and use the specs below

RE AUDIO - Box Calculator

here are the specs

N218

DUAL 1 | DUAL 2

Fs: 34.0 Hz | 33.6 Hz

Re: 0.7 Ohms/coil | 1.4 Ohms/coil

Qms: 8.18 | 8.28

Qes: .32 | .32

Qts: .31 | .31

Mms: 336g | 344g

Sd: 1210cm^2 | 1210cm^2

Vas: 133.8 l | 133.8 l

Spl: 94.0dB 1W/1m | 93.8dB 1W/1m

Bl: 17.8 N/A | 25.1 N/A

Xmax: 28mm * | 28mm *

Rms: 2000W * | 2000W *

Sealed box: N/A cuft | N/A cuft

Ported box: 4.5-8.0cuft | 4.5-8.0cuft

Sub OD: 18.500” | 18.500”

Cut ID: 16.750” | 16.750”

Mounting depth: 11.125” | 11.125”

Displacement: 0.18cuft | 0.18cuft

Lol yes i already know all about torres which i will use over re anyday....but i was more asking about any experience and suggestions...lol ive built plenty of enclosures perfect to specs...thats not the issue.

Id like to know how much box they like...it could be 10 to 16 cubes so a box calc aint gonna help me too much with that!

Also what about strapping these amps? Will i be able to run them at 1ohm?

Bump..limited on time...helps appreciated....think 13 cubes tuned to 33hz?

And need to know how strapping these amps will work with these 1ohm dvc

Really no help? Lol see people gettin help for alpine type rs and nothing for something thats actually gonna get loud?

Guess im in the wrong place

Here is what ive came up with on torres.... i cannot for the life of me figure out how to do a slot port on it with it L'd off on both sides so i threw in 4 8" aeros. Any suggestions? I plan to have two ports on each side of the box towards the outside and subs center of them.

Im just winging this because i cant find ANY info on enclosures for this sub, 4.5-8 cubes is a pretty big gap so idk what will do the best, so i went with 6.75 per sub... if you think i should go bigger or smaller let me know, idk what these subs like. Im just tuning close to specs as well.

Also if anyone can tell me how to do a slot port id rather do that...i was wanting to it centered with a v divider and the port sides L ...or if anyone could tell me the width and depth id have to go including the L that would be great. Port height will be 19.5"

Doesnt look like in gonna get ANY advice...thanks for that....some help a car audio "experts" forum is. Lol

But just in case anyone decides to give me some advice i have one more question.

I have ALWAYS been told to add batts but when i talk to anyone who knows actual electrical they say NEVER use extra batts that it will strain ur amp too much. Any thoughts?

WOW...ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!! 15 Topics get commented on in the last 6hrs in this section and mine has been view 40 times yet not ONE COMMENT!!!???

Guess it just says that only idiots viewed mine and have no clue what advice to give so they just commented on the crappier posts.

Im done with this fvcking site, nothing but a bunch of retards talking about sh1t they know nothing about and a VERY few people who know their sh1t but most are too stuck up other 4sses to help those who need it. Thanks for othing you pieces of shlt!

[quote name='plexlove']WOW...ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!! 15 Topics get commented on in the last 6hrs in this section and mine has been view 40 times yet not ONE COMMENT!!!???
Guess it just says that only idiots viewed mine and have no clue what advice to give so they just commented on the crappier posts.
Im done with this fvcking site, nothing but a bunch of retards talking about sh1t they know nothing about and a VERY few people who know their sh1t but most are too stuck up other 4sses to help those who need it. Thanks for othing you pieces of shlt![/QUOTE]

Lol kys op. Why not try and get in contact with one of the supporting vendors? @Buck ; I'm sure he could whip you something up. Stop whining, ffs.

Not whining bout anything...just uosets the hell outta me when i only have 1 day off to do a build for the next month and the people on here will throw advice to every 16yr old with crap setups and not me....u cant polish a turd guys.

And i didnt know that u could contact supporting vendors for help...i thought u just post and people throw u advice lol.

As of now i think i have it all figured out but just wanted to see if anyone had any inputbefore i tear my truck apart and drop 500 on this build.

So to anyone who can give any input heres the plan. 14cube box after all displacement with 4 8" aeros tuned to 33hz.

Both n2s will be wired to 1ohm on the amps strapped. 2 runs of 0gauge from my starter batt kinetik hc1200. Amps should be runnin at .5ohms each that way. Im told these m3s will run .5 daily and even .33 so shouldnt be a prob.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.