Need help with amp and subs

#1 i told u 8 ohm is nothing u caannnn run it but i been telling u boss ***** throw out use pioneer for now get the amp i showed u soon u have 400 rms to it at 4 ohm with that ppi amp, then later get a better d4 sub run at 2 ohms get 600rms to it, much better than trying to run 2 diff subs..
The Boss sub was actually a replacement for my factory sub. I'm dealing with a 2001 yukon xl so the rear cargo speaker was busted and that's why I got the boss. I never really had any intentions of making it a power sub. Just a replacement.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Boss sub was actually a replacement for my factory sub. I'm dealing with a 2001 yukon xl so the rear cargo speaker was busted and that's why I got the boss. I never really had any intentions of making it a power sub. Just a replacement.
Ok. I'll do something else then

Ok. I'll do something else then
Also I been looking for a prefab box for my 2000 F150. They call is a super cab but it just an extended cab. The bench seat has 7" clearance from floor to bottom of seat. I've been having a helluva time trying to find a box for it bc of the seat belt things. Do u know of a source to look for this kinda ****? I'm gonna have to use shallow mount speakers But I can't find them in 12s for it to fit under the seat
Also, what makes more sense, down fire subs or up?

if u add a 12 u don't need the 8.. only way i would do that is if u used the 8 as a mid and only played it from like 55-150hz let 12 play 35-70hz owner at shop i worked at did that with factory 10 in explorer but u gotta have 2 amps or a dsp of some kinds to do freqs like that not worth it for a boss..

if u add a 12 u don't need the 8.. only way i would do that is if u used the 8 as a mid and only played it from like 55-150hz let 12 play 35-70hz owner at shop i worked at did that with factory 10 in explorer but u gotta have 2 amps or a dsp of some kinds to do freqs like that not worth it for a boss..
Ok

If you need a good beginner amp, I have a JBL GTX500 I can part with for $80 shipped. Dyno'd at 503@4ohms and 864@ 2ohms, I think I might even have a bunch of spare 4 gauge wiring I can toss in, but need to verify I have enough of it.

Also I been looking for a prefab box for my 2000 F150. They call is a super cab but it just an extended cab. The bench seat has 7" clearance from floor to bottom of seat. I've been having a helluva time trying to find a box for it bc of the seat belt things. Do u know of a source to look for this kinda ****? I'm gonna have to use shallow mount speakers But I can't find them in 12s for it to fit under the seat
Also, what makes more sense, down fire subs or up?

I think I can help there as well. I have a pioneer shallow 12 in the pioneer enclosure, bought it to play around with. Its down firing, and I think is less than 7" but will have to measure.

I think I can help there as well. I have a pioneer shallow 12 in the pioneer enclosure, bought it to play around with. Its down firing, and I think is less than 7" but will have to measure.
Ok thanks man

Ok thanks man
It's no secret that I'm a fn idiot to this stuff but that's OK bc that's why y'all are here. I'm taking your guys advice. I'm just trying to understand what can be done with an Amp. I am going to bridge the 12 in the meantime. Assuming this is how I do it? Photo attached!! What can be wire in to the middle terminals??
dfa801bccb136784d6284796f8435bee.jpg

It's no secret that I'm a fn idiot to this stuff but that's OK bc that's why y'all are here. I'm taking your guys advice. I'm just trying to understand what can be done with an Amp. I am going to bridge the 12 in the meantime. Assuming this is how I do it? Photo attached!! What can be wire in to the middle terminals??

should be a line that says bridged between 2 of them just do that to the pioneer until u get better amp forget the 8..

Yes. Don't wire anything to the middle terminals.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.