Need help with amp and subs

Packers27

. .Ok. I've made alot of progress in messing with this truck. What I really need to know is, how to specifically wire my subs up to Amp to get a safe and full potential performance. I have a a 400 watt peak power 8" Boss 4 ohm Dual voice coil sub and a 12" Pioneer 4 ohm 800 watt peak power sub. My amplifier is a 2 channel bridgeable legacy predator. 800 watts when bridged. I want to hook both speakers up to amp if possible. Some experts say that the peak power rating doesn't mean much but idk.

Also, how does the wiring from the subs to the radio work? Is that what the RCA's are for? Or are they only wired to the amp and the RCAs are from the amp to radio. Need help asap please. Thank you . .

u can wire each sub to 8ohm and bridge amp to both for 4 ohm load but dude u need different everything, give the boss away get a bstock sundown E 12 on car audio bargain for $95 get a fair ported box for it and later get better amp..

u can wire each sub to 8ohm and bridge amp to both for 4 ohm load but dude u need different everything, give the boss away get a bstock sundown E 12 on car audio bargain for $95 get a fair ported box for it and later get better amp..
The 12 only has 2 terminals
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ok so that sub should be 4 ohm if so it'll get twice the power the other does at 8 ohm.. which is actually good in this case cause the boss ***** and don't need more than 100 watts or so anyway and the pioneer can handle 600 rms easy (just took pioneer 3003 pro outta my car over powered it by 300rms no problem, with gain set right).. look at amps if u can get a good 600 @1 ohm amp (not pa boss etc) run it to just the pioneer get 30 to get and later get d2 sundown and run all power to it be good..

ok so that sub should be 4 ohm if so it'll get twice the power the other does at 8 ohm.. which is actually good in this case cause the boss ***** and don't need more than 100 watts or so anyway and the pioneer can handle 600 rms easy (just took pioneer 3003 pro outta my car over powered it by 300rms no problem, with gain set right).. look at amps if u can get a good 600 @1 ohm amp (not pa boss etc) run it to just the pioneer get 30 to get and later get d2 sundown and run all power to it be good..
That is foreign talk to me. What do I need to do?

That is foreign talk to me. What do I need to do?
I wired my boss to 8 ohm and. I'm going to bridge it. Is this still the recommendation for that? As for the 2 terminal 4 ohm 12 Pioneer, what do I specifically need to do so I can understand what you are saying?

I wired my boss to 8 ohm and. I'm going to bridge it. Is this still the recommendation for that? As for the 2 terminal 4 ohm 12 Pioneer, what do I specifically need to do so I can understand what you are saying?
yeah bridged 8 ohm load ain't nothing (ran orion hp like that for 8 yrs) and if u have sv 4 ohm sub like u said 2 terminals 1 + 1- then just run the other 2 bridged channels to 1 + 1- (from AMP TO SUB)

yeah bridged 8 ohm load ain't nothing (ran orion hp like that for 8 yrs) and if u have sv 4 ohm sub like u said 2 terminals 1 + 1- then just run the other 2 bridged channels to 1 + 1- (from AMP TO SUB)
Ok I thought that was right. Thank you man. One more question. The rca Jack's. What is all that for. What do I do with them

run rca wire from hu to the amp thats how it gets a signal....... if u have factory hu, then buy line output convertor wire it into rear speaker wires (like in thrunk under rear deck and run (shorter) rca from that to amp

Don't hook up the 8. It's bad juju to mix sub sizes especially when they're going to see different power from one another. Just hook up the 12 and make sure you set the gains correctly.

So it's not safe to run the 8 on the amp and I need a small separate amp for it??
How would the HU handle 2 separate amps?

#1 i told u 8 ohm is nothing u caannnn run it but i been telling u boss ***** throw out use pioneer for now get the amp i showed u soon u have 400 rms to it at 4 ohm with that ppi amp, then later get a better d4 sub run at 2 ohms get 600rms to it, much better than trying to run 2 diff subs..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.